Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Problems cashing check in bank :/
Cheque was sent back today... really angry at this. They said they couldn't cash it because there was no sort code or anything... what do I do now?
Why can't you use bank transfer? Undecided
Well I have the cheques now, so...

Bank transfer is usually more annoying either way.
(02-11-2015, 18:01)HarlotWitch Wrote: Cheque was sent back today... really angry at this. They said they couldn't cash it because there was no sort code or anything... what do I do now?

What bank are you using ??

I never had problems . You should change your bank.

AW cheques are perfectly fine .

Bank transfer is the easiest and fastest way.

What is annoying about bank transfers ?

❤ ❤ ❤ http://www.adultwork.com/1839252 ❤ ❤ ❤

I have put several cheques into Lloyds/TSB with no issues though I now have bank transfers to the same bank.No issues at all.

The cheques that arrived looked authentic to me, on paper of a similar weight and thickness to cheques in a cheque book.

I am paid in British Sterling. Should I change ?
I have always had bank transfer, would have thought having to deal with cheques was more annoying and I would have thought slower.

Sarah x x x
I don t think it's slower-but of course, when the cheque arrives, you have to physically go to the bank to put it into your account. Pain in the neck !
(02-11-2015, 23:58)oneandonlyMrsJones Wrote: I don t think it's slower-but of course, when the cheque arrives, you have to physically go to the bank to put it into your account. Pain in the neck !

I have no idea if it is slower or not as I do not know the time frame for the cheque to arrive from cashing out.

If I draw my money from AW today (my cut off day), it will be in my bank account two weeks today.

If I asked to be paid by cheque, how long does it take to arrive through my letter box?

Sarah x x x
about 10 days , if I remember correctly

butI go for monthly payouts so at the end of the day, after the first, everything happens monthly
I'm using Ulster Bank(Ireland).

They've now stamped one of the cheques as rejected so it's probably ruined.

Adultwork won't do anything to fix it and want to charge 50 per cheque to cancel which is abslutely insane as that's 90% of my money gone.

I'm really panicking over this. I'm quite poor so €150 is a lot of money to me, and it's been completely put beyond my reach. I don't know what to do.

Should I try opening a bank account somewhere else? How long can a cheque be cashed after it's issued?