Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Problems cashing check in bank :/
Why get paid by cheque?

I have my credits paid in Euros to my euro account which gives the best rate of exchange, today AW were paying 1.35 In town I purchased euros for 1.33 but most other places were only offering 1.30

The money is in my account, two weeks after the withdrawal, done on a Tuesday,

How long after the withdrawal do you get a cheque?

Sarah x x x
Don't they charge w4r to have money put direct to your account? Cheques take about 10 days I think, but I make a request every Monday morning, so every week I get a cheque and theres no charge you get exactly the amount you request.
(16-10-2015, 10:24)missfilthyposh Wrote: Don't they charge w4r to have money put direct to your account? Cheques take about 10 days I think, but I make a request every Monday morning, so every week I get a cheque and theres no charge you get exactly the amount you request.

There are no charges to have money direct to your bank account, that I know of, I don't pay any, the amount I get transferred is the amount that gets paid into my account.

Once you have requested a withdrawal, my cut off day is a Tuesday, I get paid two weeks later, so if I made a request each Tuesday, after the first payment I would get paid weekly.

The money is usually in my account before 12 noon.

Sarah x x x
I do the same to an EU account. Transfer as if to a UK account but type in the IBAN etc and it sends just like normal with no feed
View My Adultwork Profile here. 
Twitter: @LolaLuxx1

"Flirting is a woman’s trade, one must keep in practice"

It'd take me ages to make it to the 150 euro amount needed to transfer to bank account. I may look into it in future but...

Maybe I should look into a Payoneer card?
(17-10-2015, 06:31)HarlotWitch Wrote: It'd take me ages to make it to the 150 euro amount needed to transfer to bank account. I may look into it in future but...

You'd pay fees with a Payoneer card too...
Annabelle is right with the Payoneer fees.

I used the card once and I would stay away from it, it was too expensive in the long run.

Paying into bank account is the best. Or get a bank account that doesn't charge for cheques, like co op bank or Barclays, maybe there are more banks . I know HSBC charges and its expensive ...I would check first to make sure its still free before opening an account.

❤ ❤ ❤ http://www.adultwork.com/1839252 ❤ ❤ ❤

(17-10-2015, 06:31)HarlotWitch Wrote: It'd take me ages to make it to the 150 euro amount needed to transfer to bank account. I may look into it in future but...

You need 150 credits to make a bank transfer, I transfer mine into a Euro account as it gives me a better rate of exchange and I have a euro bank account.

Payoneer is not really a good option apart from the fees you will lose money each time you use the card as the money has to be converted from US Dollars to UK Sterling.

If you are not able to get over the 150 credits then you are probably better off sticking to cheque, just change to a bank that is more accepting of them.

Sarah x x x
i bank in GBP but receive a cheque each month in USD, i pay £7 fee and it takes around 2 weeks, they have to send it off to be verified, it gets paid into their account and then once its ok there they transfer the funds to me.

It makes sense from their POV, cheques are so out of date and silly
Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/miafoxuk
I thought cheques were made payable in UK Sterling?

Even without fees being applied for the cashing of a non uk cheque, you certainly risk losing out in the currency exchange, local banks never give a good rate unless your changing up over £10,000 and have direct access to their money traders. Which is hard to get without an influential area manager.

It also seems a long time to wait to be paid.

Sarah x x x