Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

CHARGES
well the way annabelle has put it it doesnt sounds that bad
Gahh.. This totally sucks! Weird it happens all of a sudden. AW is still the best site for the cut they take though. Streammate takes 75 %. Utter robbery.
Adultwork are now taking 40% extra - 20% from us, 20% from the customers, making their profit from us 70%!
Oh god, I only just realised how bad this is when I upped my prices. With no warning as well : (
This is really bad Sad

I was confused when I saw the fee was different on the transfer request, then saw the VAT info and started looking about, confused by that VAT page worried that I may have to complete it all in order to even get any money paid.

After coming here, finding the links and reading through, at first I thought "ok it's only going to be VAT on the payment fee - so 6% - that's poo but there you go". Then I saw that all the prices are auto increased for our services too. So 2 credits we charge for example show up as 2.4 credits to our customer and so on.

This will no doubt reduce custom too as those with a little credit will be able to spend less time and we're effectively losing an additional 26% from every customer

So basically, because of this whole change in digital rights distribution, Adultwork are passing all of the additional costs onto ourselves and the customers instead of taking any of the hit themselves. If only we could see stats of visitor numbers/overall custom to the site and how it fluctuates after this
Get this_ i lowered my prices right down to 1.41 group and 2.31 so it shows 1.69 n 2.69 (it was around that what i lowered it to anyway) and my m8 tried somethin from her account on a.w n guess wat it didnt show to the consumer 1.69 n 2.69 it showed 2.03 and 3.23!!!!!!! Wtf?!
She called me on my acc from hers on direct cam...is wat i meant to add lol x
That is right laura. Effectively, for every 100 credits we earn, it costs the person viewing £20 extra....after that, we also lose an extra 6 credits per 100 earned (keeping the numbers rounded)

It seems like it's been spun to make out that we're only affected by 6%....and indeed what we do earn is that...6% less. But the customers will be spending more out of their own pocket too, so for the guys who put say £20 of credit on a night, you the cammer will see £5.20 less of that aswell as the call will have to be shorter.

So the main outcome is, we are 6% worse off on what we have earned on our statement....but we are actually 26% worse off on what the customer has actually spent

edit - sorry I misread your first message. It has come up as higher, that is strange, maybe it was a delay in updating?
I wonder if Justcamit will push the pole up much further and increase their fee 20% too to 6% total
they're going to be losing customers, ultimately. girls will put their prices up but some, like me, who hover at the bottom for various reasons are going to suffer this most since we can't really justify putting out prices up. i feel the result of this will be to skew the site more and more in favour of higher class SWs :/