Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Excuses!
I am so getting fed up of hearing the same excuses for not keeping bookings.

I had a guy tell me he could not meet me on Friday because he had been offered work and after re-arringing this morning he is now giving me the old, I can't come as my car is having an MOT number.

I seem to get the same excuses time after time and I am getting a bit bored of them. What excuses have you been given and what was the most inventive one?
Work normally keeps people away or sickness. I have no reason to disbelieve them, and they do rebook and see me another time.

It's the guys who don't bother to make an excuse or get in touch who are the ones who don't show up.
got a puncture is my fav but they keep texting saying oh i'll be there
Yes I have had the puncture on the motorway one lolo. I've had the MOT one twice now and always seems to be the young ones that pull that one. I think they must look in their piggy bank and realise they can't actually afford it and try and keep me sweet for when they can afford it, but that day rarely comes.
whats an MOT?
its a yearly check on your car melinda to make sure everything is in working order
My favouirte is arrivin at a house/hotel.... knock and wait..... order taxi home. Just as you get in the taxi a message comes through saying 'Oh i fell asleep'. Funny how you've just woken up then!
thats utter crap to do that with u sugar especially when u end up out of pocket for the taxi
i know, it's a total nuisance!
The best I have been given for a booking being cancelled is:
"Got to cancel, just arrived at my own surprise birthday party".
If true, then fair enough, if not true, I can't fault her for inventiveness.