Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

confused.com
AW is ok as the age verification they are putting in place covers us. AW are considered to be the provider, not us in this case. The company is also registered in Malta and hosted from netherlands.

C4S accept debit card payments for UK and as such they are NOT ok for us as ATVOD do not accept debit cards can be used for verification as obviously those under 18 can get them. until debit cards are removed as an option for UK customers, UK c4s providers are in a precarious position.

Own sites I have no idea as yet. It seems like we can either choose to not host any videos on our site at all, or we can employ someone who resides outside of the UK to deal with them. This way the 'editor' is NOT a UK resident. Obviously this all needs a lot more clarification.
(28-11-2014, 01:35)xKatieBabyx Wrote: AW is ok as the age verification they are putting in place covers us. AW are considered to be the provider, not us in this case. The company is also registered in Malta and hosted from netherlands.

C4S accept debit card payments for UK and as such they are NOT ok for us as ATVOD do not accept debit cards can be used for verification as obviously those under 18 can get them. until debit cards are removed as an option for UK customers, UK c4s providers are in a precarious position.

Own sites I have no idea as yet. It seems like we can either choose to not host any videos on our site at all, or we can employ someone who resides outside of the UK to deal with them. This way the 'editor' is NOT a UK resident. Obviously this all needs a lot more clarification.

thank you, that's cleared that one up for me Smile thank you for ur help
x
(28-11-2014, 19:49)Blondie Wrote:
(28-11-2014, 01:35)xKatieBabyx Wrote: AW is ok as the age verification they are putting in place covers us. AW are considered to be the provider, not us in this case. The company is also registered in Malta and hosted from netherlands.

thank you, that's cleared that one up for me Smile thank you for ur help
x

oh hold on, what's this with vids!? we can't sell them on their now!? this is soooo confusing!
I was wrong (or at least, i'm more confused now!) - Aw is considered the provider yes, but ATVOD go after the person with 'editorial control' of the content, which in this case would be us as we reatin full control over our AW profiles. This means that while AW are covering their own arses with age verification, we will very possibly need to register ourselves with ATVOD as a provider.. and wait for it...... PAY A FEE!!

Lots of new information coming in all the time and no one really seems to know for sure just yet as the new rules are so vague.
(28-11-2014, 21:30)xKatieBabyx Wrote: I was wrong (or at least, i'm more confused now!) - Aw is considered the provider yes, but ATVOD go after the person with 'editorial control' of the content, which in this case would be us as we reatin full control over our AW profiles. This means that while AW are covering their own arses with age verification, we will very possibly need to register ourselves with ATVOD as a provider.. and wait for it...... PAY A FEE!!

Lots of new information coming in all the time and no one really seems to know for sure just yet as the new rules are so vague.

oh what!? have AW actually said anything about this? as I can't see anything about it on the help section and December 1st is in a couple days! :/
Nope nothing. I contacted Backlash who are an organisation set up to promote freedom of sexual expression. they helped the owner of Urban Chick Supremacy Cell (one of the domme sites targeted first in atvod's new regimen) beat ATVOD last year http://mstytania.net/2014/08/29/how-back...-bullying/

They told me that as things currently stand ATVOD are only going after sites and services that they think are 'television like', and that seems currently just to be ones that have been specifically reported to them. However since they have the power to fine anywhere from $35,000 plus and take down your site/ profile, it's really worth researching what they consider to be 'television like' (this seems arbitrary and changes all the time), and if you have your own site making sure that your videos are behind a firm, age verified pay wall (no debit cards), and if you have very hardcore fetish oriented content then you really need to be careful as it may (probably will) contravene ATVOD's obscenity rules which are based around BBFC's R18 guidance. There is more info here although it may now be out of date http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/me_atvod.htm

AW have not said anything beyond describing their age verification roll out procedure. Don't wait for the sites to tell us, we have to protect ourselves, do the research and make sure we don't get stung by this when it does come into force.
(29-11-2014, 13:09)xKatieBabyx Wrote: Nope nothing. I contacted Backlash who are an organisation set up to promote freedom of sexual expression. they helped the owner of Urban Chick Supremacy Cell (one of the domme sites targeted first in atvod's new regimen) beat ATVOD last year http://mstytania.net/2014/08/29/how-back...-bullying/

They told me that as things currently stand ATVOD are only going after sites and services that they think are 'television like', and that seems currently just to be ones that have been specifically reported to them. However since they have the power to fine anywhere from $35,000 plus and take down your site/ profile, it's really worth researching what they consider to be 'television like' (this seems arbitrary and changes all the time), and if you have your own site making sure that your videos are behind a firm, age verified pay wall (no debit cards), and if you have very hardcore fetish oriented content then you really need to be careful as it may (probably will) contravene ATVOD's obscenity rules which are based around BBFC's R18 guidance. There is more info here although it may now be out of date http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/me_atvod.htm

AW have not said anything beyond describing their age verification roll out procedure. Don't wait for the sites to tell us, we have to protect ourselves, do the research and make sure we don't get stung by this when it does come into force.

ok thank you Katie.
I don't have any of the content on my profile which will now be considered banned, eg- fisting etc.
i only have a handful of pics in free and these are all in lingerie or hands over boobs.

however, I'm just abit concerned about the little thumbnail pics for movies, as in solo play ones where I'm using toys etc, would i need to take all them down?
thank you for your help
x
Just posted in the private section (and on SW - just saw you there Wink) about it with further info x
(29-11-2014, 16:04)xKatieBabyx Wrote: Just posted in the private section (and on SW - just saw you there Wink) about it with further info x

awesome thank you, will check it out!
this is stressing me out! lol
xx
(29-11-2014, 17:06)Blondie Wrote:
(29-11-2014, 16:04)xKatieBabyx Wrote: Just posted in the private section (and on SW - just saw you there Wink) about it with further info x

awesome thank you, will check it out!
this is stressing me out! lol
xx

ok shall I tick these 2 boxes?
'Consumer AV Required' box
and
Adult Content Certification box
what happens if we don't!?
x