Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Remote control wireless cam
Hi

I'm looking for a remote control wireless cam, can anyone recommend any? Been looking online and struggling to find one that fits the bill.

Thanks in advance

1hornylass
You mean so you can zoom in and out , go with cam left and right ?

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 does , but you need to download the software on your pc .

❤ ❤ ❤ http://www.adultwork.com/1839252 ❤ ❤ ❤

Yes that's what I mean. It says USB so it's not wireless which is what I'm looking for.

Anyone know of any wireless ones?
Any other recommendations for a cam that is remote controlled? When searching via Google for a remote controlled cam it's not finding any matches that actually have a remote control. Most matches are for auto focus cams or security cameras

Thanks in advance
Well I'm still looking for a remote controlled cam and I can't find any. Can anyone recommend an online shop to check, Google is not finding any matches at all
The security cams you've seen are the ones people use for this a lot of the time. the problem you find is that they are noisy and jerky. there are also the trackerpod products from eagletron which are basically mechanical cam holders/ small tripods http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/productdes.htm However they are noisy too and can only be purchased from the US.

For smoothness, less noise, and no loss of picture quality you would need a camcorder. The Sony Evi D100 is generally the standard for what you're thinking of using it for, however using it or any camcorder to actually cam with is not straightforward. There are a lot of threads about it on Stripperweb and ambercutie's forum. The Canon i just bought has a wireless remote app which you use via your phone though the picture takes about half a second to 'catch up' so it's not completely smooth.

The new logitech C930e (the 'business' model) and the older BCC950 webcams both have remote pan and zoom but they throw away some picture quality in the process. I'm not sure if they are wireless remotes though.
Thanks for the info Katie. I'd have thought there were a lot more remote controlled webcams out there, seems to be a bit of a gap in the market
I would like a wireless one too, what I am wondering is if it's possible to get a transmitter, so plug the cam USB cable into a transmitter that sends the signal to your laptop/PC. But I reckon that would still cause a delay