Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Adultwork complaint - chargebacks
(08-06-2014, 09:08)carlambrown Wrote: I really hate how exploitative cam sites are of models. They are businesses, all they care about is money and you are nothing but a product to them. There is no reason why any live site should make models take responsibility for chargebacks in my opinion but their attitude is 'like it or lump it' and the models have to lump it. I have my own camsite and will work exclusively on there from now on, I'm not going to let any company make profit from me if they're not going to offer me any protections or guarantees in return. I have a database of 60,000 high spending members and I'll take them all off Adultwork, plus I'll take my £50k a year turnover off AW. They're going to lose a lot of money.

I did feel sorry for you until that snotty post. If you really do earn that amount of money, bog off and earn it elsewhere. AW won't miss you.
Well said, ADMIN,AND HORNYGIRL1991 xxxx
Hi Carla
I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox x
Not very fair to take the piss out of someone who is quite rightly disappointed in a system she thought would look after her. As I said above, we're lucky that AW doesn't have that many chargebacks. If someone only really works there they probably aren't aware of the fact that other sites have a lot more, also we're not immune from them when using our own payment processor either. But I understand where she's coming from, and sympathise.
I must admit I don't think it's fair that they get 30% of everything and if there is a credit card problem we are the ones to lose out. I know it's reasonable for them to take a cut to cover technical costs of running the platform and marketing etc and we pay for being listed on one of the main sites. But maybe in this case they could take out some insurance and/or share the burden of credit card fraud, say 50/50 or have cut off/sliding scale or something. It probably doesn't make much of a dent in their income, but to a cam girl losing out on a large cam session makes a big impact on our earnings, and when we think we have money due in but it doesn't appear in the bank could mean we can't cover our outgoings.
Having said that, although I agree in principle with OP objections, I also find her attitude aggressive and if you genuinely have that kind of income/no of clients then why be on AW in the first place?
Hi, not sure the 50/50 thing would work or them taking insurance out for it etc, if they implemented that could you imagine the amount of fraudsters and models deliberately using stolen cards on AW? The models arent always the innocent ones, I can personally testify to that, eg, we have had models get their friends to book a 60 credit webcam booking, they get paid next day then a refund is issued, the model disappears and that leaves us out of pocket, you would be surprised how many different scams we have to look for being committed by models, same with AW.

There are many different angles of looking at this situation and im not sure AWs is being taken into it, we assume AW is a rich all mighty company but do we really know? we cant just guess these things then bring them into existence as facts.

I have been friends with webmaster for many years now and I can tell you its not as clear cut as the posts here.

Smile

edit, also remember 30% is the smallest of all websites, they could turn around and take 65%-70% and cover charge backs if you really want?
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
Admin, To be fair I hadn't thought about it from that angle and yes I do see your point completely. Must be hard trying to sort through the scammers and protect yourselves. Still not good for us girls who have done the work though.
(11-06-2014, 09:42)Admin Wrote: ... could you imagine the amount of fraudsters and models deliberately using stolen cards on AW? The models arent always the innocent ones, I can personally testify to that, eg, we have had models get their friends to book a 60 credit webcam booking, they get paid next day then a refund is issued, the model disappears and that leaves us out of pocket, you would be surprised how many different scams we have to look for being committed by models, same with AW.

I never thought of that, I am not naturally dishonest - I remember in my first nightclub/bar job I couldn't work out why there were scales to measure the run off as I couldn't work out how the bar staff would fiddle the tills that way, in fact I still can't but remember someone telling me it was a simple and popular scam. Isn't that why AW records IP addresses etc, for instance if my hubby set up a profile for himself at home it would look like an alias for me as it is from the same IP address? Though I guess it doesn't cover friends working from other addresses using the stolen credit cards.
Daniella was accused of this before and she was deactivated for over a week.
xXx My AW Profile xXx
xXx My Twitter xXx
She was accused of scamming AW?? What was the outcome? xx