Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Links for Twitter
(29-03-2013, 20:26)xKatieBabyx Wrote: Can't see the links?

Oops I've just clicked the T#witter link on my profile and it says the page can't be found. My fault for doing it without checking first it was correctly. I'll have another look at it later, I've probably got a dot in the wrong place or something lol
Just checked it now and the web address for the link is the same one when I look at my profile on Twitter
Put a description in the first box, then in the 2nd put www .twitter.com/yourname (no http, no space)
Yay, it works. I had put the address wrong lol.

Big, big thanks, it's greatly appreciated x
Nope still not there!:/
It worked when I clicked it from my AW profile. I'll just check again.
Yep it's opening to my Twitter page.

Here's the link to my profile I just used - http://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=1779894
I have seen on someone else's profile that the twitter link wasn't showing but the girl could see it on hers...maybe that's happening here too.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
(29-03-2013, 21:23)Classy_Katy Wrote: I have seen on someone else's profile that the twitter link wasn't showing but the girl could see it on hers...maybe that's happening here too.

I think that's it Katy. I've refreshed the page, logged in and out etc and I can see it everytime. Hopefully it'll be working tomorrow.

Thanks for your help Katy, greatly appreciated x

Thanks to Katies, also greatly appreciated x
I think that links to outside websites on AW only show if you have

1. Paid for some form of featuring or
2. Display your telephone number

For example, today I am featuring for webcam so you should all be able to see links to my twitter/website etc. On Monday when I'm not featured, you will only see links to other AW profiles. When you are logged into your own profile, you can see all your links Smile

x
Didnt know about the advertising! Ooh they must have recently snuck that in. Good idea though!

help centre has this to say

Quote: ks Help - Can Ilink to xyz.com? Why aren't my links appearing?

You can provide links to other Sites via the Manage Links button that appears on your Edit Profile Page. Please do not enter links in your profile details or summary, sale items, blogs, field reports or email signatures/auto-responses.

The website that youare linking to must display one of the AdultWork.com Banners, before you specify the link. This is because we wish to maximise the exposure of your profile in order to build your online business.

If no reciprocal link is found your link will simply be removed. (You can link back to AdultWork.com using your Referral URLs and/or using one of the banners here. Links to your profile page or group page are shown at the bottom of each.

Links to dialers, executable programs or other Sites that promote illegal activity, or that pose a risk to Internet users in general, will result in immediate deactivation of your profile.

If you wish to display a link to a Site that you don't control, you should contact the Webmaster of that site and request a reciprocal banner be placed, before linking to it.

In an attempt to reduce the number of fake profiles being created simply to redirect AdultWork.com traffic to other sites, with regret, nolinks to external sites will be shown unless:

reciprocal links are in place

you are paying for something on the Site, e.g. available today, phone number display or profile featuring.

If you are not, your links will not be deleted, simply hidden. They will appear automatically once you have subscribed to one of the paid for display schemes.

The only exception to this is for profiles contained within the Other Services area.

For information about linking to Twitter please read this article.

Links to other profiles or groups on the Site will always appear.