Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

xtrahotangels up to £200 a day?? scam
The lady was weird. I asked for a link to my profile that she had created and shed used photos of my face that she got off my facebook profile without even asking me! and wrote something on my profile like "Im a hot sexy teen im sexy and i know it and i have a foot fetish" I DO NOT have a foot fetish! lol
haven't earn't over £8,105 yet though
Wrong thread! lol
(02-02-2013, 12:34)wife4rent Wrote: NOT all studios / AW groups are pimps, scams or badly run.

Sarah x x x

Very well put, Sarah!

From occasionally browsing these forums, I seem to get the impression that the majority on here seem to brand any studio where the girls work for someone else as a scam.

Yes, I completely agree that where non-payment is the issue then that can be labelled as such. But there does seem to be a fair few decent UK studios on adultwork that are run properly, and by this I mean physical studios. Virtual studios, which are often referred to as just 'studios', when they are in fact effectively an agency, are different, and I don't personally agree with them, unless the performer is receiving something in return.

However, on the subject of physical studios, I personally know of one where the girls are paid an hourly rate plus commission on every minute of private or group. This isn't a scam, the girls are paid what they are promised, even if the studio makes a loss on that hour as the studio takes the risk, but then they make a profit on the good hours, and they supply all the equipment and a suitable place to work from. Obviously, overall, the performers are paid less than they would if they did it themselves on adultwork, but let's face it, having been on there as a customer, whilst there are many girls that are very good at what they do, there are also a huge number who are just plain amateurs. Poor lighting, bad attitude, poor quality webcam and/or connection are things that are just not going to get you much work, especially when asking between £2 and £3 per minute in private. The girls in the physical studio that I know of are treated well, always paid on time, receive good training, have the best equipment and most, but not all, are actually doing better than if they were doing it alone on AW.

As with any trade, from accountants to plumbers, cleaners to delivery drivers, there are some people within any industry who are self-employed, and other who are employed.

Take an accountant or plumber, for example. Both can easily be self-employed or employed roles. With the self-employment route, you get the full whack from the customer, but then there are costs to be taken into account. With a plumber, there is equipment and a van to be paid for, an accountant has to have an office. Alternatively, they can work for a company who supply all that at no cost to the employee, but then charge their work out to their customers at a much higher rate than what the employee is paid. The business then has to pay for all the costs, and has to make a profit. But the point is, both types can be happy. Some people are cut out for self-employment, some aren't. Some people can work from home without distraction and are very well disciplined, but again there is easily the same number who struggle with both of those issues. There is no right and wrong, what suits one doesn't necessarily suit another.

“Each to their own”.