Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Cheque Payment
I know that cheques can be made out to other people but do they have to be sent to my address or the person who the cheques made out to? I owe someone some money so thought this could be a good way to pay them rather then asking for their bank details.
I thought cheques had to be made out and sent to the person who's name is on the AW account - to prevent money laundering.

Admin?
I thought it had to be in our name still but it doesn't look that way when you go into transfer by cheque...it asks for the payee's name and says "This must be the name in which the bank account you wish to pay into is held, the payee".

Below that, it gives the spaces to put in the address for the cheque to be sent to....so yes, you can specify the address.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
i was in debt with my bank and owed loads .... so i had the cheques sent to be in my partners name so he could cash them for me .... but we do live at the same address i dont think they give a fuk whos name is on the cheque tbh x
Heres the help guide for it http://www.adultwork.com/dlgKBArticle.as...icleID=622

If it was enforced for all accounts you wouldnt be able to do it. I wouldnt encourage it if it isnt a close friend/partner etc just encase though.

It may only be enforced when AW have reason to believe something is suspicious on the account? eg a solo east eu member being paid to another name other than herself.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
Very true...it would be best to bank the cheque yourself and then write a cheque from your own account so that you have proof of payment.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
Yep I'll get the cheques to myself and then give the money to them. I just thought having them already written out to them would be quicker and easier. I hadn't thought how it could look to other people. I had thought about getting it sent to their bank account but it would cause the same problems.

Thanks for the help everyone