Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Direct IM
(14-12-2012, 20:27)Ana_X Wrote: When I first started phone work in '96 I'd have said the same, but after so many years of it if I don't just hang up on them or kick them out of which ever chat platform we're using they tend to get an earful of "Eugh! Fuck off you horrible bastard!" before I end the chat. Tongue

Got no time for it what so ever.

Hahahaha! I have to admit that I take great delight in killing the pedo's hard-ons before I hang up, too. Big Grin
I too started off doing IM as it seemed to take me agezzzz to pluck up the courage to log into fone (and eventually Camming itself).

Interesting to read eveyone else's experiences, however my starting experience was this: I logged in for DirectIM in PAID mode (never freechat, still never do freechat in IM) and I did quite well, in fact I remember my 1st experience (as ya do!) - what I'd do was...log in to IM, minimize JustCamIt into my tool bar and forget about it! I did this probably quite a number of times, until ONE day, a Box popped up on my computer accompanied by a pinging sound! I hit 'Reply' and the next thing I knew, time had whizzed by and my credit statement stated I had accumulated 90 credits! (he ran out of credits and came back and told he'd topped up & again & spent the same amount) ---- there was no 'sex' talk, just chat and this guy became a regular, it seemed he was shy and also I never initiated 'sex talk' and as he didn't I never did!

It was all banter & chat about music, eating out etc etc - he spent hundreds of credits over a period of time...... beginners luck on part I guess! That I should start off with a nice easy customer and generous too! --- However the downside was this STILL left me nervous (about doing anything other than IM) because essentially he hadn't broken my 'AW virginity' lol- as I knew he would be the exception rather than the rule! (& I've done lots of phone, cam and IM since and I can assure he was a one-off!).

But point I'm making is.... you can make credits on IM, (without free chatting in it.. as has been my experience) - I had a few Regulars (for a while), esp when I first started doing it. Lately its died off a bit but then I don't log into it as much as I did either, as nowadays I just log into cam as its more fluid/constant.

To answer your query I think about an 'opening line' -- apart from the hi, how are u bit.... after that.. it might be.. what you up to/what brings you here... if they say looking at your pics.. ask which ones they like (assuming you've put up more)........ another one to ask (if the seem quiet, i.e, non-responsive... mind u those types are usually having a wank... well that's what they tell me.. in which case you know its not going to last long!).. but another thing to ask them too.....a little further into the convo.... and if your not getting much feedback.. is if they have a 'kink'........... I find if there shy and you've brought up the subject (in a roundabout way), its a good opener, kind of thing... for them to stuck into say a fave subject, that way you can then guide your response on what their telling you.

Anyway good luck with it, hope you manage to find your feet with it. x
I like doing Direct IM with the members who provide it. Dirty chat is just part of the fun!

If you want to entice people like me for example to private then in free chat say you can offer things like role play etc as that is a big turn on for some people.
Hi Posie and Edward224

Thanks for the replies.

Posie, that's what I've been doing saying hello, asking how they are and what they've been up to. When they've said they looked at my pic and liked it I've told them which video it's taken from or if they said they looked at my profile I've asked what they liked. I do ask them what they like to chat about and some just avoid the question and throw it back at me or they tell me.

One guy earlier today told me what he likes doing and I said it sounds good and I had a positive response and I asked if he'd like to talk in more detail and I got another positive response and did think he'd go to paying. He said a few more things he enjoyed and I agreed and said they sound fun and I'd like to talk in more detail but he logged off. I did think he'd be my first payer.

I'm purposly not mentioning sex until they do as I do know somepeople come onto these sites just to chat or build up confidence and as I'm too building up my confindence I don't want to scare people off by being too full on too soon.

I'll just learn as I go along and hopefully get my first paid chat soon
There will be guys who are concerned about being judged...they may not know that anyone else has the same kink. They may also be concerned about how well they perform in a role play or in sex chat. Being friendly and approachable, I feel, goes a long way. I've had chats in IM and on the phone that have been more akin to counselling sessions...there are many reasons why someone contacts us, and many reasons why they have a certain kink.

I meant to say earlier...a benefit to being in free is that your profile will rotate with the other girls/boys in free, on the front page. I have far more profile hits in free than non-free.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
Hi Classy Katy

I noticed that I'm always at the top of the page of who's online, and within two days of signing up for IM I've had nearly 200 hits on my profile, which is about 700% more then what I had this time last week, so I can see in that sense it's a good thing as well. And also people may check out my videos.

I'm happy to just listen to people if that's what they want and I was already aware that some people come here to share their problems, fears etc and that it can be similar to counselling. I don't mind if that's how some people want to chat, it's something that we all do in life with our friends and family so it's quite normal to me.
Had my first paid chat, only lasted 2 mins though lol.

Hopefully I'll get a few more now as there's just been a desperate change in my circumstances and what was already a struggle each month has just become an extremly dire situation. Xmas is now offically cancelled 100% along with lots of others. Think I'll be on AW constantly now.
That's good news about the paid chat! I'm sorry about the rest...I know how that feels. Just stick with it and it will happen...
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
Why don't you join daily pay group and bite the bullet and get your arse on cam??

Money the very next day and money for Christmas, you will get privates on cam x
Yes get on cam hun. Whilst i loathe inviting yet more competition into our industry, i also don't like to think of you having a shitty xmas or not being able to pay bills when there's a perfectly good and quicker way sitting right here. Just get yourself set up and jump on cam. You'll be surprised how quick you take to it. And guys love a new girl. 99% of the time they don't care how shy, giggly, or nervous you are, it can actually make them spend more with you, feeling like they can teach, guide or protect you in some way. There is nothing stopping you trying to be non-nude/ just tease, or even disguising yourself/ not showing your face on cam. A lot of girls do it successfully Wink