Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Pregnant by a Punter?
(09-11-2011, 07:34)CurvaceousKate Wrote: Unfortunately your last statement may be the answer.

When you have children you have responsibility and you can't just have fun all the time. Christ I was celebate for 3 years when I was single, so I could be a good Mum and commit to his interests and be there for him.

If I were you I would take a deep breath and approach my partner and tell them how I felt about being undermined in front of the children. I'd tell them that I realised I had said and perhaps done things to deserve the response given, but that it needed to be dealt with in private and away from anyone else, especially the children. I would also tell her that I didn't like that she spoke ill of me to her friends and I would say that I don't think it is healthy for either of us, so lets clean the slate and start again. How can I make things better for her and be the husband that she wants? How can she be the wife that I want?

Your children are of an age where they should be more understanding and don't understitmate how much they can take in and understand. Despite how they behave towards you they will love you, so spend some time with them and earn their respect back.

That is what I would do anyway.

First of all Kate, I am very grateful for your advice. I do get to spend time with my children, and when it's individual time i.e. with my son or my daughter separately we have a great time.

Believe me I have had numerous conversations along the lines you suggest, and indeed independent counsellors have told her exactly the same thing - in fact they said the best thing we could do for all concerned would be to get a divorce and move on.

Thanks again