Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New DirectCam Broadcaster
Until the mic bug is sorted I won't be using it. It's madness that it can access your mic without permission and they know this yet have still put it out to us to test without sorting this out.
(07-12-2020, 00:14)1hornylass Wrote: Until the mic bug is sorted I won't be using it.  It's madness that it can access your mic without permission and they know this yet have still put it out to us to test without sorting this out.

I like to keep an eye on their insider blog. read on there about the new player the other day and its saying on the one for cammers that there was an audio issue that's been fixed? Is that what you're talking about? Not sure if I can add links here - can I?
I've just tried it in free. Nobody can see me, they are getting a black screen. A couple of people tried group and pvt and still a black screen. It worked once for me a couple of days ago and that's it. I have tried 3 different browsers. This is insane.
I've tried it now and had one person come in and go straight out after 11 seconds, I don't know if they were kicked or went out themselves but it's not showing that they came in. It's twice stopped itself broadcasting, so no idea how long I'd been off cam for.

I'm not sure if my mic is being broadcast or not as it's not the same to mute it as on JCI. I always have the option for sound on but mute my mic via the audio settings on JCI and just offer it when I want to instead of all the time. This setting isn't on this new system so I've had to change my setting on AW so I'm not offering sound at all now. I did first block access to my mic via the padlock on the browser but oddly it just blocked my cam and wouldn't let me connect even though I allowed access to the camera. Strange that you can't mute your mic like on JCI, which was so much easier.
Im using the new Broadcaster for the first time today for IM......its terrible. it keeps kicking people out in every mode after only a few seconds. its putting clients off coming back!
(27-12-2020, 16:41)Cleo_Specter Wrote: Im using the new Broadcaster for the first time today for IM......its terrible. it keeps kicking people out in every mode after only a few seconds. its putting clients off coming back!
Having exactly the same problem. They've also taken to disabled JCI as well. Common sense would say fix all the problems first, so they don't lose clients....but apparently not. I'm off to contact them again to let them know this could cost them and us money.
(27-12-2020, 17:00)Miss Deviant Wrote:
(27-12-2020, 16:41)Cleo_Specter Wrote: Im using the new Broadcaster for the first time today for IM......its terrible. it keeps kicking people out in every mode after only a few seconds. its putting clients off coming back!
Having exactly the same problem. They've also taken to disabled JCI as well. Common sense would say fix all the problems first, so they don't lose clients....but apparently not. I'm off to contact them again to let them know this could cost them and us money.

Exactly! i tried to hold out with JCI as long as i could as i had a fear the new broadcaster wouldn't be up to much. you think with all the profit AW make from us that they would have invested in the best software they could. Its very frustrating as i rely on AW for my fulltime income as i know many others do. Fingers crossed this gets sorted ASAP!
(27-12-2020, 17:08)Cleo_Specter Wrote:

Exactly! i tried to hold out with JCI as long as i could as i had a fear the new broadcaster wouldn't be up to much. you think with all the profit AW make from us that they would have invested in the best software they could. Its very frustrating as i rely on AW for my fulltime income as i know many others do. Fingers crossed this gets sorted ASAP!
Just had an email from AW to say they are aware of the issues and are working to resolve them. If you ask me, AW did this on the cheap. They forgot one of the most important rules of business - "we don't do cheap. We do good!"
(27-12-2020, 17:12)Miss Deviant Wrote:
(27-12-2020, 17:08)Cleo_Specter Wrote:

Just had an email from AW to say they are aware of the issues and are working to resolve them. If you ask me, AW did this on the cheap. They forgot one of the most important rules of business - "we don't do cheap. We do good!"

Im not surprised! it shocks me how much money they take from our earnings and yet the site still looks like something from the early 2000's!
And im sure they were aware that JCI was going offline, you would think they would have been prepared, Ive been with AW for over 8 years now and really this is highly unfair to the services providers and users.
Maybe I'm being a bit thick but why would flash being disabled effect the old direct IM? It's text only. What a mess. Just enable the old justcamit for now until the issues are resolved.  Confused