Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

friend wants to join but is concerned about privacy
A friend of mine wants to make money and join adultwork but is concerned about privacy. She doesn't want to upload id docs and said she will join the services she can provide anonymously.

To my knowledge you have to register and verify before making any money. I cannot remember if provided any id to adultwork, so wanted to double check which services you can provide without upload id or verification.

She works in IT and is convinced that uploading id docs would mean one day the site could be hacked and members left with a problem as Yahoo was hacked and so was the adultery site Ashley Madison. The risk being, members will be outed in public if AW is hacked.

Any advice? thanks
Hi, anyone can sign up and start working on any services without ID.

You may at any point be asked for ID though. Or if you join/access via a dongle, vpn or outside the UK etc
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
Can ID be asked for any service, or are there any that are exempt? Why is ID asked for afterwards and not when you join?
Hi, AW can ask for ID at any time for any reason, regardless of services.

All other sites ask for ID up front but all other sites arent like AW, there could be any number of reasons they dont have it upfront though. Guessing game really. There are members who have went 10 years+ and never been asked for ID and others who get asked same day of signup.

I would advise just to work until asked, no harm in it.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
(25-08-2018, 11:19)Helga99 Wrote: A friend of mine wants to make money and join adultwork but is concerned about privacy. She doesn't want to upload id docs and said she will join the services she can provide anonymously.

To my knowledge you have to register and verify before making any money. I cannot remember if provided any id to adultwork, so wanted to double check which services you can provide without upload id or verification.

She works in IT and is convinced that uploading id docs would mean one day the site could be hacked and members left with a problem as Yahoo was hacked and so was the adultery site Ashley Madison. The risk being, members will be outed in public if AW is hacked.

Any advice? thanks
Indeed AW can ask for ID at any point, it does not mean you have to supply it.  I made this mistake some years ago and because of AW's IT problems I was the one to be left in trouble, besides having to cancel my exclusive profile with them, thus losing lots of things.  They did not help with anything when they were hacked and as I work in a field similar to your friend's I learned not to trust absolutely anybody/anything.  My advice would be to have your site as a back up with lots of pics/info/reviews links (can help anybody free of charge - if somebody needs help) and also to register with different forums in order to prove your credibility.  If even after this, AW still has a problem and chooses to believe a malicious person (weather a 'troubled' client or simply a person who is a bully or 'hates just about anybody'), then you can always rely on your site and the above as a back up.  Trust no one but yourself, I always say.  Lots of people would rather chose to believe a negative source rather than see the good in others - it kind of suits them and their negative environment so you cannot but let them be and distance yourself from them.  Good luck.