Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

AW has changed
Anyone noticed the huge influx of new female service providers on AW....mainly young students? I've noticed it particularly in the last year and they always seem to belong to the same types of groups (as if they are deliberately seeking out young girls) and they are offering the same things even though they are barely out of college as more established providers which makes me think they are copying peoples profiles. I have also noticed afew in some of the newspapers and documentaries lately boasting about how they discovered they could turn to webcamming and finding slaves to pay for their student fees. Does anyone else think this will jeopardise providers income on AW and also with all the documentaries seeming to make service seekers out to be freaks as well as the public forums on here do you think cam/phone sex could be dying? I've noticed these big changes over the years and it doesn't look good to me anymore.
Hey.

I have since re-joined AW. I used to be here a few years ago too. I can see an increase in the amount of providers online yes, but why shouldn't they? We are all here for the same reasons, to try and make a bit of extra income. As for belonging to the same group.... well I haven't thought about it all that much to be honest. I guess that could be the case that they are targeting a certain crowd, which could be unfair in some circumstances, maybe if girls are desperate for work they could get into this industry for the wrong reasons.

Anyway, who knows. It's a tough time out in the real world these days.

Let's look at it as healthy competition and stay on top of our game!

All the best to you SmileSmile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Elsiewhite for this post:
  • KinkyKitten
You're correct OP, these girls are being targetted and approached via social media and offered a "modelling job". They end up on AW taking home around 50% of their credits. I do agree that this might encourage women into the industry who otherwise may never have considered it.

It absolutely affects business for more well established members (as it would in any industry when people start undercutting) because these new profiles are often charging less than 1.80 per min for a private. And yes they copy profile info, I can speak from experience of this, having written something in my member's summary only to see it reproduced across 100s of profiles! Hilarious!!!

I also agree with the second post though, that regardless of how they ended up on the site they have as much right to be there as anyone else and those who are experienced and have a client base can hold their own against the continuous influx of hot new talent.

And perhaps in another sense it's good for business because from a customer POV AW is exciting with plenty of fresh talent. They can maybe get more for their money and that would encourage them to use the site more, which in turn is good for everyone. Just a case of using the site's advertising options and ensuring they see your profile too, and when they do it's not some mass produced rubbish! Keep at it ladies, there is plenty to go around!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to BeautifulBADGirl for this post:
  • KinkyKitten, Tara3000
I know what you mean OP, there's been a huge increase. And of course, people are constantly making documentaries about cam/phone/etc, which definitely drives people to this work who wouldn't have otherwise considered it.

It doesn't phase me too much - I charge more than most of the girls in these new groups, but I'm good at what I do and that's why I get so many repeat clients, some who have been coming back for years and years.

I agree with BBG above - of course I remember back around 2012 era there was faaaar fewer girls camming, and now it's completely changed - but plenty of these new faces won't stick around. This work is not for everyone.. But we all have a right to be here, and if you're good at what you do then you shouldn't suffer :-D
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gracie_Rocks for this post:
  • KinkyKitten
Sorry i rarely get on here these days and completely forgot i had posted this thread. lol I agree that we all have a right to be there as well as any site even though the recruiting of newbies is getting abit out of hand now,i think the huge variety of service providers is great and does encourage service seekers to stay on the site browsing. We just have to figure out ways to stop our profiles getting lost in the thousands of new ones joining oh and its a pity we couldn't make our profiles only viewable to service seekers and block service providers from copying those of us who've been around a while. Smile