Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

What am I doing wrong?
Well it's certainly not you.I was on cam tonight and made 2.49 credits in 2 hours!Luckily I did fine later on in direct IM and phone chat but such a waste of time getting all dolled up for nothing.My free room was dead and only lasted about 30 mins before switching it off.......x Confused
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mistress_Silk for this post:
  • Madame X
Wow Mistress_Silk! I feel guilty I haven't worked at all this week! and the cut off date for payments to my bank acc is next Tuesday! eek! So I am making up since Wednesday, thurs and fri! hopefully I make my big goal till Tues ahh!

I wouldn't put yourself down Mistressnotaminger btw don't take this personally but all I have been hearing is a lot of negative talk from yourself. Do you really want to do webcam? maybe doing phone chat might suit you better? If you really want to break into the webcam industry you have to start thinking and believing you will make money and be more positive with your outlook on life! xx
(16-12-2017, 18:07)SexyImogen Wrote: Wow Mistress_Silk! I feel guilty I haven't worked at all this week! and the cut off date for payments to my bank acc is next Tuesday! eek! So I am making up since Wednesday, thurs and fri! hopefully I make my big goal till Tues ahh!

I wouldn't put yourself down Mistressnotaminger btw don't take this personally but all I have been hearing is a lot of negative talk from yourself. Do you really want to do webcam? maybe doing phone chat might suit you better? If you really want to break into the webcam industry you have to start thinking and believing you will make money and be more positive with your outlook on life! xx

Yep a confident woman is the biggest aphrodisiac to a man.
Hey Imogen, I'm not negative - I absolutely love doing this and wish I'd started doing it in my teens instead of my forties..!
I also do phone chat..but prefer cam to be honest..
I am however, really disheartened when I take an hour to get ready, and people are entering group chat and leaving straight away - I am talking around 10 people in only 4 hours....and not one saying any more than Hi...
I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this but it seems not - seems a bit bizarre to me, so I'm now looking at the technical aspect as suggested by Sally..
I'm confident when on cam (when someone finally stay on for longer than a second!) and find the whole thing liberating when my 'real' life is so far removed from this...I thoroughly enjoy my chats and I am buzzing after a good old session - it's surely the best job in the world (for me anyway)
I so want it to work and I want to do this until I retire...
Thanks Mistress Silk for sharing your slow night experience...
Praying it picks up for us all!
(18-12-2017, 13:38)MistressnotaMinger Wrote: Hey Imogen, I'm not negative - I absolutely love doing this and wish I'd started doing it in my teens instead of my forties..!
I am however, really disheartened when I take an hour to get ready, and people are entering group chat and leaving straight away - I am talking around 10 people in only 4 hours....and not one saying any more than Hi...
I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this but it seems not - seems a bit bizarre to me, so I'm now looking at the technical aspect as suggested by Sally..
I'm confident when on cam (when someone finally stay on for longer than a second!) and find the whole thing liberating when my 'real' life is so far removed from this...I thoroughly enjoy my chats and I am buzzing after a good old session - it's surely the best job in the world (for me anyway)

Ok. Yes it can be frustrating at times but for me I have got used to them coming in and out of my chat room. When they come in I believe they are shopping around going through all of the webcam girls on the site! to see who they will be spending their money with!! It used to annoy me as well but it's not anything to do with your age or the way you look. 

I started webcamming in my twenties 26-27 years old I started and I am now 33! wow big age! I turned 33 today! you can start any age! I think most girls who do webcam are in their mid 20s and a few that are really 18. Very rare 

How much do you charge per min? maybe dropping your prices a bit lower can get more clientele in. I don't sit in my lingerie, I normally wear jogging bottoms, top with a nice bra underneath, make myself look presentable and believe I will make bank!
(18-12-2017, 13:38)MistressnotaMinger Wrote: Hey Imogen, I'm not negative - I absolutely love doing this and wish I'd started doing it in my teens instead of my forties..!

Same here.I take an hour to get ready too.I am the opposite to you as i much prefer phone chat to cam.The biggest issue I have with direct cam is free chat.Some nights I can tolerate a couple of hours of it and others I am lucky to last 30 mins before switching it off.......x Confused
(20-12-2017, 06:32)Mistress_Silk Wrote:

Same here.I take an hour to get ready too.I am the opposite to you as i much prefer phone chat to cam.The biggest issue I have with direct cam is free chat.Some nights I can tolerate a couple of hours of it and others I am lucky to last 30 mins before switching it off.......x Confused
Lawd I do not know how you ladies can do free chat I just do not have the patience.  But what I can say is that we all have the peepers for me it is a challenge to see how long I can keep someone in my room for.  So i tease them first be coy and flirty and if they reach 30 secs that is still 50p in my account and then I go go a minute and extend it to 2minutes. 

Just enjoy it do not stress about the small things, relax take a deep breathe and cam on.  I tend to iron while I am camming so it really does nto annoy me too much.  Or I watch films that I have downloaded or tidy up but ensure that my volume is up so that I can hear it ping.
Anyone allow guests in free chat?Now that I would have no patience for at all............x Confused