Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

PS4 games vs. PS2 games...
Lightbulb 
In my honest opinion, I think the PS4 games are somewhat overrated compared to the PS2 and even GameCube games.

Take Resident Evil for example. They were all good up to and including 4 (I guess 4 was where things changed). But 5 was horrible and the adition of co-op felt gimmicky. 6 was way worse. 7 is fine, but it has nothing to do with the rest of the series, and there's a new download coming out around Christmas for it, that stars Chris Redfield, being set after the main story in 7 that occurs once you've escaped from the Baker family. Unfortunately, the new design for Chris is totally awful and the game feels more like Doom, than RE. In fact, I was amazed that Capcom took this attitude with such a popular franchise.

Games nowadays have the technological capability to be good, like they were before 2005. Sadly, I don't think these games can be made without having an identity crisis. RE was always just about mainly horror, before it was action. Now it's hard to piece together what it is. And even fighting games like WWE and Tekken just feel like they are altered slightly with a slightly updated roster and a few tweaks, but in general can seem very overpriced and offers little new. I've also noticed that Sony no longer lets users create their own entrances in WWE games with custom music. By far the best thing other than being able to scan your face, and have yourself in the game using the CAW mode, and other creation suites.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Webcam games Plus-and-Lusty 6 9,638 15-08-2020, 04:33
Last Post: AlanaSmith
Thumbs Up The Resident Evil games are shite now... peteraonfilm 4 7,865 21-08-2019, 15:48
Last Post: peteraonfilm
  Games Pho3nix 11 16,721 10-09-2011, 08:33
Last Post: abcdef