Adultwork Forum
Grrrrrrrrr...... Adultwork changed my profile without telling me! - Printable Version

+- Adultwork Forum (https://adultworkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Grrrrrrrrr...... Adultwork changed my profile without telling me! (/showthread.php?tid=3289)

Pages: 1 2

Grrrrrrrrr...... Adultwork changed my profile without telling me! - Trinity-Belle - 20-02-2013

I rarely read my profile.

I know what it says... I've not changed it much these last two years or so - just tinkered with it here and there from time to time, that's all.

But just now I went to have a little read through with a view to giving it a bit of a re-vamp and discovered that AW have changed it for me! They've somewhat arbitrarily removed a word!

Now I'm happy for my profile to conform to the rules and I'm guessing that whole thing has been done automatically... but why not at the same time just send me an automated e-mail explaining what they have changed and why? Or even just one saying that due to a change in their rules they have made a change to my profile and I ought to review it. It would be no work at all for them... these things are easy enough to set up. I might know very little about web sites but I know a lot about databases and automation so I know that it would be a cinch to do that.

The word they removed was "Google".

Now I can understand why they would remove it, although in the context I was using it I can't imagine that it would have been an issue... but there are too many profiles for them to give each one individual attention, which is understandable, and it is a complicated process (and always flawed) to try to get computers to understand context in the way a human reader would, so I totally understand that from their perspective it is easier to just add the word "Google" to the banned words list and we will all just have to comply. That's fair enough... I have no problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is my profile reading like it was written by an eight year old because they have removed a word and not told me! If they had told me then I could have pretty immediately gone and done something about it to make sure that I don't sound like an illiterate moron in the opening line of my profile!

My profile used to open with....

Trinity-Belle Wrote:Hi guys and girls!
(both are welcome!)

I'm Trinity Belle and there is something you ought to know about me... first things first... I am a "pre-op" TRANSSEXUAL... if you don't know what that means then Google is your friend!

But thanks to their automated process, the end of the opening line became...

Trinity-Belle Wrote:... if you don't know what that means then is your friend!

Giving the impression that I am illiterate and don't know how to construct a sentence.

So I have now changed it to read...

Trinity-Belle Wrote:... if you don't know what that means then a quick search on the net will soon enlighten you!

There. Disaster averted.

But how long has it been like that, one wonders? How many guys have read my profile and thought to themselves that I am incapable of using the English language in a coherent manner? I guess I should be grateful that they just deleted the word rather than shutting down my profile!

Just a quick automated e-mail would have been nice.

Anyway... rant over.

And if any of you had the word "Google" in your profile, or the name any other search engine for that matter, then I suggest you go check that your text still makes sense!

RE: Grrrrrrrrr...... Adultwork changed my profile without telling me! - Trinity-Belle - 21-02-2013

Well, well, well....

I mailed AW, politely, to ask about the change to my profile....

Trinity-Belle Wrote:It seems that you may have removed a word from my profile... the word "Google". I can understand why you would have done this as an automated process but I believe that the context in which I was using it was not encouraging anyone to contact me off site or directing anyone to any external service. The last half of the opening line of my profile read "if you don't know what that means then Google is your friend!" which clearly no longer makes sense with the word "Google" removed. I have amended it to read "if you don't know what that means then a quick search on the net will soon enlighten you!" which I hope meets with your approval, but please tell me if it does not and I will endeavour to find another way of wording it. I don't imagine that it is possible for an exception to be made for me so that I can return to the original wording, would it? PS... if you could please let me know how long ago this change was made, I would be grateful - I only noticed it this evening... hope it wasn't like that for too long. Thanks, Trinny. x

And I just got a reply:

The AdultWork.com Team Wrote:Hello

Thank you for your email.

No, the context with which you used google is OK. There is no need to make any changes to your account.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

The AdultWork.com Team

Well I never! Blush

So I can say "Google" in my profile again!

Yippee!

I like AW more and more... they really have begun to change this last year or so...

Angel

RE: Grrrrrrrrr...... Adultwork changed my profile without telling me! - courtesanannabel - 21-02-2013

(21-02-2013, 01:12)Trinity-Belle Wrote: Well, well, well....

I mailed AW, politely, to ask about the change to my profile....

Trinity-Belle Wrote:It seems that you may have removed a word from my profile... the word "Google". I can understand why you would have done this as an automated process but I believe that the context in which I was using it was not encouraging anyone to contact me off site or directing anyone to any external service. The last half of the opening line of my profile read "if you don't know what that means then Google is your friend!" which clearly no longer makes sense with the word "Google" removed. I have amended it to read "if you don't know what that means then a quick search on the net will soon enlighten you!" which I hope meets with your approval, but please tell me if it does not and I will endeavour to find another way of wording it. I don't imagine that it is possible for an exception to be made for me so that I can return to the original wording, would it? PS... if you could please let me know how long ago this change was made, I would be grateful - I only noticed it this evening... hope it wasn't like that for too long. Thanks, Trinny. x

And I just got a reply:

The AdultWork.com Team Wrote:Hello

Thank you for your email.

No, the context with which you used google is OK. There is no need to make any changes to your account.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

The AdultWork.com Team

Well I never! Blush

So I can say "Google" in my profile again!

Yippee!

I like AW more and more... they really have begun to change this last year or so...

Angel

Well done, can imagine your a happy little teddy bear with that reply
.... think it would be pushing it just saying google trinity belle a 100 times throughout your profile though lol

Anna Smile x

RE: Grrrrrrrrr...... Adultwork changed my profile without telling me! - Trinity-Belle - 21-02-2013

(21-02-2013, 01:25)courtesanannabel Wrote: .... think it would be pushing it just saying google trinity belle a 100 times throughout your profile though lol

Shall I try?

Wink

x

RE: Grrrrrrrrr...... Adultwork changed my profile without telling me! - sarahxxx - 21-02-2013

I use

Smart people Google - "POSTCODE" - to see my location

Just checked and it is still there....

Not that many people do...

Sarah x x x

RE: Grrrrrrrrr...... Adultwork changed my profile without telling me! - Gracie_Rocks - 21-02-2013

If it helps Trinity i had a snoop at pretty much everyone's profile when i joined the private area (just to see who i am talking to!) And yours definitely had Google in it then! (I remember it making me laugh) :-)

(21-02-2013, 08:31)fitflirty18 Wrote: ...definitely had Google in it then! (I remember it making me laugh) :-)

Haha! Big Grin

x

RE: Grrrrrrrrr...... Adultwork changed my profile without telling me! - poshie - 22-02-2013

Trinity like fitflirty18 I had a gander at your profile (a few months back, prob when I first joined here) and I distinctly remember that Google WAS in your profile for the same reason.. your witticism made me titter!! Tongue

I wonder sometimes when updates are done if glitches get in the system.. for example (I know you don't do webcamming) but just recently I had 2 NEW things happen in JustCamIt (which I was then able to rectify) --- one was all of a sudden I had 'Guests' entering my Freechat (when I'd previously ticked the box stating I didn't allow that) and the other thing was every time I signed it automatically logged me in (when I wasn't ready!). A bit perplexed each I logged out and checked the tick box only to discover these changes (that hadn't been implemented by me). So I just thought perhaps when they update the gremlins somehow get in.

I think your change (word drop!) must have only been recently as its not that long ago when I read that and I defo remember Google being in there! (Your words have such impact! Big Grin).

Moral of the story I guess is... we should all (re)check our profile from time to time, tho personally I wonder how many of us can be err... arsed! Cool

RE: Grrrrrrrrr...... Adultwork changed my profile without telling me! - x Connie x - 22-02-2013

just had a similair thing happen. i noticed earlier that my 'friday 22 & sunday 24' was missing from the first line of my profile but just assumed i had deleted it by accident so typed back in 'friday 22'. next time i logged in i got a final warning. sorry AW - can't recall the first warning. guess i better stop being stingy and pay my fiver for the day :/

RE: Grrrrrrrrr...... Adultwork changed my profile without telling me! - poshie - 22-02-2013

Sorry Trinity made a mistake I meant I noticed it NOT when I first joined this site but when we were in contact via PM for a short while (so it was last November) - also fitflirty18 seen it in January by the looks of it, so it must have only been recently altered.. so am sure no one thought you were an illiterate 8 year old for long since you've now corrected it he he Tongue