Adultwork Forum
How do you deal with no-shows? - Printable Version

+- Adultwork Forum (https://adultworkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: How do you deal with no-shows? (/showthread.php?tid=3165)

Pages: 1 2

How do you deal with no-shows? - Charlotte-Rose - 07-02-2013

Hi

We all have different ways in dealing with no shows, but what do you actually do?

C x

RE: How do you deal with no-shows? - Trinity-Belle - 07-02-2013

I put their number on block and then forget about them.

Life is too short to get wound up about it.

I do tend to find, though, that if you get one then you suddenly get three or four of them in a very short space of time? And then you might go another month or two without having any more?

EDIT: I also keep their number and store the date of the NS... I've had guys try to call me up again two or three years later!

RE: How do you deal with no-shows? - christie - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 01:18)Charlotte-Rose Wrote: Hi

We all have different ways in dealing with no shows, but what do you actually do?

C x
I put their number in iblocker (a jailbroken app) it can be set up to reject withheld numbers as well. Then I send them a text letting them know that their number is going to every forum I belong to so that not a girl within 30 miles would see them

RE: How do you deal with no-shows? - Ana_X - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 03:05)Trinity-Belle Wrote: EDIT: I also keep their number and store the date of the NS... I've had guys try to call me up again two or three years later!

I do the very same. I keep their number in my phone and put their name as: NSXX/XX/XX and reject all future calls from that number if or when they come through.

RE: How do you deal with no-shows? - gemini's secret - 07-02-2013

I also do the same

RE: How do you deal with no-shows? - sarahxxx - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 01:18)Charlotte-Rose Wrote: We all have different ways in dealing with no shows, but what do you actually do?

Interesting responses...

i take all bookings, including withheld numbers and double book anyone that wants to take the same time slot. The exception to the rule is my regulars, they never get double booked. I never block anybody as one day they may actually turn up?

(07-02-2013, 03:05)Trinity-Belle Wrote: Life is too short to get wound up about it.

I totally agree with the above... but the boys over at "The other Site" being male dominated (Actually I can not even recall the name) did not think it fair at all and one very nasty person decided to hound me on every topic to make his point!!!

But weigh it all up, I never get funny about the 2-3 no shows i get each day, I do not call them, hound them harass them and (In 20 shh.. + years) I have never had a problem with "double" booking.

Saying that, I DO try NOT to do it, but you also get a feeling for the person on the phone if he is likely to be a time waster. there are also those that think they can make a booking and turn up at any-time, so, what do you do when a client turns up 15 minutes late and wants a 30 minute booking?

Ok, so many girls do not do back to back bookings, i do and know from experience that many men will leave the building after 30-40 minutes with a smile on their face after insisting on a "Cum twice" hour booking.

There is NO right or wrong answer, do what your experience tells you, but do NOT take bookings for the day by 11am, turning away other bookings, then wonder why only 2 guys turned up.

In the early years you only had the phone so learnt a lot about guys and their "Strange" ways, they have not changed much and some of them, like me, are still about!

Sarah x x x (1988 - 2013)

RE: How do you deal with no-shows? - Strawberryblonde - 08-02-2013

I have different ways of dealing with this. I always make a note, sometimes I'll give another chance, sometimes I won't. If I have an idea someone might not show and a definite, reliable regular contacts me then I may double book or at least put him on hold. I do not however have anyone travel to me thinking they have a booking when they don't, and I don't have anyone turn up left hanging around. Not discrete and not fair.

Out of the times I get an inkling someone won't show I am 99.9% right and no harm done, if harm is done(think I had to tell someone once last year I couldn't see them when I'd actually doubted them wrongly) I will offer another time.

One issue is that I do actually expect guys to let me know if they can't make it, certainly if they've been texting/emailing quite definite about it the night before. If someone doesn't let me know either way(I specify this) and has behaved like this then I am going to doubt their word and manners in future. Sure things can happen but combined with behaviour that is over the top I'm afraid even the most understanding person would have to think, ahh haa.

A few months ago a new client quite clearly expressed his opinion that having to confirm at a specific time on the day was a bit over the top, that his word that he wanted to see me should be enough. We did have a booking together, then when he booked a second time I thought I'd try an experiment - I didn't mention confirmation, we simply agreed it a day or two beforehand, and I took him on his 'word'. On the day he didn't show and I had put my day aside, plus whacked on the heating full blast in a place where I wouldn't normally have done so. Not a squeak. I emailed the next day to say it was a pity he wasn't able to attend. He replied saying a member of his family had been ill, and he was disappointed too. I have a good idea he uses his main phone to make bookings, and emails fly back and forth from it easily enough(signature on bottom indicates this).

Confirmation in my opinion narrows down those who aren't serious, as well as jogs memories however at any time someone can just 'not bother'.

Having a back up plan is always a good idea. I don't however gazump clients whether I'm booked for half an hour and get offered an overnight or whatever. I stick with my commitments, whilst having back up plans in case anything changes or doesn't happen.

My last proper, real no show really showed himself up and it makes you glad they don't show up, if someone is that rude you'd rather not be in an enclosed space with them(for my or their own safety!).

RE: How do you deal with no-shows? - Trinity-Belle - 08-02-2013

I think I have become quite good at telephone screening over the years.

What does tend to happen is that I will have a little spate of no-shows clumped together, then nothing for another couple of months.

What I think happens is that I am quite diligent at screening on the telephone, and after a while everything has been going swimmingly and I become a bit complacent and maybe start thinking that I sometimes turn guys away unnecessarily and I begin to let my guard down and take booking from guys who I would not normally have accepted bookings from. And surprise surprise, I start getting no shows. So then I become frustrated and so more diligent at screening again and the no-shows go away... until once again it has all been going swimmingly for a couple of months and I start getting complacent again!

RE: How do you deal with no-shows? - Trinity-Belle - 08-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 20:27)wife4rent Wrote: I totally agree with the above... but the boys over at "The other Site" being male dominated (Actually I can not even recall the name) did not think it fair at all and one very nasty person decided to hound me on every topic to make his point!!!

Hmmmm... that sounds familiar... I had a similar experience of being hounded by one particular guy over on The Other Place.... ended with me getting banned!

RE: How do you deal with no-shows? - Strawberryblonde - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 19:04)Trinity-Belle Wrote: I think I have become quite good at telephone screening over the years.

What does tend to happen is that I will have a little spate of no-shows clumped together, then nothing for another couple of months.

What I think happens is that I am quite diligent at screening on the telephone, and after a while everything has been going swimmingly and I become a bit complacent and maybe start thinking that I sometimes turn guys away unnecessarily and I begin to let my guard down and take booking from guys who I would not normally have accepted bookings from. And surprise surprise, I start getting no shows. So then I become frustrated and so more diligent at screening again and the no-shows go away... until once again it has all been going swimmingly for a couple of months and I start getting complacent again!

This is my experience too, I've sometimes decided just to stick to regulars to then have guys say "Oh go on, I really want to see you", you take the booking and lo and behold they do not bother to turn up. Quelle Surprise.