Adultwork Forum
Saying no. - Printable Version

+- Adultwork Forum (https://adultworkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (Public) (https://adultworkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Saying no. (/showthread.php?tid=173)

Pages: 1 2

Saying no. - lucy7 - 04-05-2011

Is there an art form to saying no to meeting with someone?
I do not meet all or ask obviously, just like the other ladies will not.

In our Lucy and Hubby meets I am even more careful about things and often will say no as I do not think it will work.

Twice this week I have had to say no to meeting with a gentleman as I did not click at all with them over the phone, and what they were wanting was just not my cup of tea.
One was fine and understood totally, he agreed also that he may be best off seeking a couple where the guy was properly bi-sexual.
The other got quite rude and sent me a message after the phone call after I had said no to meeting him and called me a stuck up cow!
Erm......Smile

Now I am very polite, but I only do what I want to do and with who I want to do it with.

Ladies how do you say no?
Gentlemen how would you handle being said no to?

Lucy Smile

RE: Saying no. - kenny m - 04-05-2011

No with a valid reason is acceptable......but a bog standard no, and then nothing is not going to warm me to them

RE: Saying no. - Jeansman - 04-05-2011

A polite "no" is fine - if it is not for the lady in question then she will not do it. Professionalism from all sides as this is after all a business. The guy who behaved like that to Lucy is a jerk and would probably not have been an enjoyable guy to see anyway. Don't think you are missing anything there, Lucy.
JM.

RE: Saying no. - English Kate - 04-05-2011

I've said stuff like, 'I'm sorry I don't think I am write for you'. Or 'I'm sorry, but I'm not happy to do that and would rather not meet' and 'I'm sorry, but I recognise your number and have already told you I am not willing to meet' and fairly recently, 'I thought I recognised your number and believe you are the chap that paid my friend with a dud cheque. She would like the money by the way. It might be wise for you not to call me again, as we know your address and it was all I could do to stop her coming to your home last time. Bye!

RE: Saying no. - Emily of Halifax - 04-05-2011

It depends on the situation if I get a bad feeling from a guy I simply say sorry but I am not available at the time they require.

If its the services he requires that I am not comfortable with I basically tell him straight that I dont want to waste his time and money with something that I could not comfortably deliver

RE: Saying no. - Jane22 - 04-05-2011

where i work we have safe words that we can shout and someone will come and ask the man to leave but in real they probably only use 2 times this year as most men are nice

RE: Saying no. - abcdef - 04-05-2011

(04-05-2011, 22:14)Jane22 Wrote: where i work we have safe words that we can shout and someone will come and ask the man to leave but in real they probably only use 2 times this year as most men are nice

at least u have a safety net jane

RE: Saying no. - abcdef - 05-05-2011

(04-05-2011, 18:53)Emily of Halifax Wrote: It depends on the situation if I get a bad feeling from a guy I simply say sorry but I am not available at the time they require.

If its the services he requires that I am not comfortable with I basically tell him straight that I dont want to waste his time and money with something that I could not comfortably deliver

ditto i find im the same as u in this respect

RE: Saying no. - rpg - 05-12-2012

Anything back from a girl is preferable to being ignored. I'd rather receive 10 "sorry but no thanks" replies than 1 polite e-mail being read and ignored.

RE: Saying no. - sarahxxx - 05-12-2012

As Emily said, it really depends on the situation. I don't really have people that I do not see, but I do stress to them if they want something I do not do to find somebody that does.

Ignoring the number calling or saying you are not available is best in the short term but f a guy really wants to see you he will find a way to make a booking.

Sarah x x x