Adultwork Forum

Full Version: Still issues with cheques - anyone else in Ireland get them?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm thinking of opening up an account with another bank but I need to know for sure who will cash them. Is anyone else here based in Ireland, and has gotten these cheques?

xKatieBabyx

But WHY are you getting cheques??! Get bank transfer.
It would be ESP transfers for Ireland.
why dont u just get a bank transfer hun instead of cheques xxx
Because I've had troubles with Bank Transfer before. And right now I have 2 cheques paid out and they won't pay them back into my account, so I need to cash them or I'm losing quite a bit of money.

xKatieBabyx

Can't imagine what troubles you've had with bank transfer ;-/ Definitely the cheapest and quickest method. Anyhoo try tsb x
Maybe Daily Pay can help , ever thought of joining them ?
We have Irish members and pay into their banks and can help with VAT if thats still an issue.

Been trying to think of a fix for the current issued cheques but im unsure. AW say they can be cancelled in their help section with a fee (issuing bank will be charging the fee for stopping them) but above its mentioned they wont cancel them.
I think cancelling is not the problem, its the charge they gonna make you pay

Cheque cancellation request

http://www.adultwork.com/dlgKBArticle.as...icleID=545

I would try cash converter , it costs too , but not as much cancelling the cheque.
the charge is worth almost as much as the cheques themselves.

i tried cash converters but it seems like they won't cash a german cheque? anywhere that will? I think it's the cheque being german that's causing issues.
Pages: 1 2 3