Adultwork Forum

Full Version: Pricing problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On two occasions tonight, I had bookings which resulted in pricing problems.

The first was a newbie skype booking, for 9 credits.
He was putting in 9 credits his end but my end it said 7.5 so I kept rejecting

He emailed asking why I was rejecting and he seemed genuine when he said he was putting in 9 credits. I believe him

Then , a similar thing happened with phone chat.
I changed 5 to 5 .5
but his end it was 6 that he put in and when I changed it, it went up to 6.60

The same guy called me last night and the booking said 6.6777 and 6.67 appears on my statement

So yesterday, all was well- but now something seems to have happened

Anyone else noticed anything ?

I have a horrible feeling I have rejected several skype bookings because of this- my attitude is to immediately reject those driving down my price but maybe they weren t !!
I should add that £9 less VAT is £7.50- coincidentally, mirroring the sums in my skype booking

and a £6.60 call less VAT is £5.50-similar again

I wonder if maybe they are doing VAT differently ?
Hi, its the VAT yeh.
Ah, so it comes through minus VAT - and I have been rejecting bookings for appearing to drive down my prices !
Oops !
Has it been like this since October ? I didn t notice till last night- and it didn t seem to happen for a phone booking on Sunday night.

My gas was off at my work flat for 3 days last week so I took a break, extended a few more days. Maybe I am just seeing it fresh.

Thank you
Hi, since October yeh, AW immediately take that vat it wont show on your balance or anything.

If you check your profile its showing as 1.25 per min, but I would hazard a guess your settings is showing the amount minus the vat. Same with directcam, which is showing 1.08 per min.
thanks for that !

I think I probably noticed in October - then regressed to pre October days after my break.

Been as clear as mud , this vat thing !

Got my brain in gear now.
Thanks again