Adultwork Forum

Full Version: Help re: Internet specs and new laptop to use for cam?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey my current laptop is pretty much on its way out and my webcam stream is pretty poor, glitchy and sometimes logs off in the middle of shows.I have guys come in and out of my room so fast and all at once as if they've been kicked out. My CPU and FPS are poor and goes into the red hence why i use JCI lite. It maybe more to do with my internet but i'm not sure what internet package/specs I ideally need to webcam also. If anybody knows what internet I ideally need that would be a big help also!
But anyways Im looking to buy a laptop that I can cam from does anybody have any ideas of the specs I need to look for so that the laptop can handle the JCI software?

Many thanks x
Hello there

Go for the best internet that you can afford especially if you are looking to split cam. I have by infinity fibre optic business internet on the highest tier.

For laptops/computers, look for a quad core processor (i7) and plenty of ram. If you take a look on laptopsdirect.com them there is usually a good deal there.

I use a big gaming computer to cam from now days but its definatly overkill just for camming.

Make sure you also have a decent webcam. I use the Logitech c920 but I used to have a Microsoft studio cam and it was really good for me too. I found that the studio is good if you have anything in the background you want to be in focus as well as yourself(I have dungeon equipment and wotnot in the background) and the Logitech is good for focussing on just you.

I hope this helps. X
Thank you so much thats a massive help! You're a star hun!

MANY THANKS
Anna xx