Adultwork Forum

Full Version: Finding it hard to get clients, advice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been on the site about 2 weeks now, I've only had 2 paying clients, a couple of people look into my private gallery and that's about it. I had some photos taken by a friend who's a professional photographer, revised my profile a bit, paid to get featured a bunch of times(I'm currently cammer of the week apparently too?) but still nothing.

It's difficult because on one hand I'm aware my profile is a little different to others, maybe a bit more tame in some ways but i'm also aware that if i make it look like everyone else's, buttshots for profile photo, I'll fulfill all your desires xxx etc, then it won't stand out. I need to play to my own strengths, and I'm trying to do that, but it's still hard to get attention.

I seem to get more attention doing cam work, but I'm only able to do that every now and again. I would prefer to do mostly phone work, maybe some directIM, but I've been getting none of either.

http://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=3109736
Hello there

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble.

IM and phone chat aren't usually all that busy but you should definatly be getting more calls.

With IM you just need to keep it on in the end, once you've built up a couple of regulars then it will get better.

Phone chat may well be the same for you.

One thing I do notice is that your phone chats waaaay too cheap. It sounds strange but raising your rates can sometimes result in more business.

To keep your listing high up in the searches then keep modifying your profile by adding an extra full stop on one sentence and then next time delete it and add another else where.

Pay for positioning. On the bids, the top bid for that hour goes into the front page.

Also, promote yourself, if you don't have twitter then its a good idea to get it. Take a look at other girls twitter to see what kind of things to do/say etc. I offer alot more than you and its all fetish stuff but your welcome to look at mine. @MissTrustDotCom

Camming is really where the money is and so do try to get on there as it will also boost the sales of your other services.

It may also be an idea to get a bit filthy with your wording but I don't think it's entirely necessary. It's worth a try to see if it helps though.

I hope this has helped.

Xxx

xKatieBabyx

There Is demand for trans as well so make sure you price yourself decently (above £3 for cam) x
Yeah, I'm trying to undercut other girls though. My webcam is a cheap VGA cam on a laptop which is decent enough for basic stuff, I have a lamp for some ambience and it makes it fairly clear. I have a better camera on my phone so I may set that up. When I get more money I'll get a webcam, hopefully.

I'm worried about twitter, trying to not be too public with this! I'm bad at covering my tracks.

I will definitely raise some of my prices. I saw lower prices for another trans girl, since I was new I thought I'd lower them but it probably looks weird having somewhat professional picutres and low prices.

Do you think flirts are worth it?
Just bid on directim positioning... I was on top of the list for phone chat... featured on the frontpage for cam... i raised my prices a little bit as to not seem cheap...

still nothing... no calls, nobody in my room... if i cam I may get some people, but I haven't been able to do that. i should take advantage of the cammer of the week but later in the week i think.

xKatieBabyx

Trying to undercut others only results in a race to rock bottom, and it's pointless since guys can get cheap phone chat plenty of places. On AW guys are more than happy to pay, in fact low rates can even make you seem less attractive. There is no cammer of the week, it's of the day x
Still having trouble getting any attention... being featured doesn't seem to help much...
I had a look at your profile and of course this is just my opinion ...Your profile tells me your fast at typing ,you can support/chat about any trans issues,we could talk about geek stuff,you could entertain me with your different voices and ask about MY fantasies but it doesn't really tell me much about the sexual side of you ?
The line 'Access to my secret garden comes at special request" makes it sound like I am going to have to jump through hoops to see you naked.
Thinking from the point of a horny client wanting a quick play n cum you sound like your more likely to try and become my mate then make me orgasm.
Your photos-I get you dont want to show your face but there are many ways of not doing this I just dont think having your main 3 pics so similar is helping.
I am sorry if that comes across harsh and of course we shouldn't all have the same type of profile ,what works for one etc and I know looking at mine you will think ,well that's just a generic slut profile but its a true reflection of me and what I offer (saying this my profile could do with an updating).
My advice would be to move some of your information in your main profile into blog posts as this is where guys will look who want to know more/feel more connected with you and then others don't have to wade through it on main page.
Come across as more sexual,change some of your main photos add a piece of free erotica.
I wouldn't worry too much about professional photos,I have none.
Even if you make your profile more appealing your not going to be very busy on IM and phones ,Cam is what most people prefer.
My other half is on adultwork and she is a t-girl. She's not transsexual like yourself but you will likely attract the same type of clients. She only offer video clips, photos and direct IM but she is starting to do OK.

It is a slow starter for her but business is building and she is building up some regular clients.

Keep putting a PIC or 2 into you private gallery every day or so, try and regularly add new video clips and keep phone chat and DirectIM on all the time.

Try to be available for webcam as much as you can as well as you will make more from webcam rather than phone, IM etc.

Give it some time and be patient, you will get there in the end even if it is a slow starter.

I wouldn't pay out too much in featuring etc right now. Just small amounts on positioning (the bid type system) will do.

I know you are wary of twitter but its where my other half gets the majority of her clients and sales plus some very nice gifts from her Amazon wish list.

Her profile is very different to yours but your welcome to have a nosey www.adultwork.com/3063243 and her twitter is @LynnHotlegs

On second thoughts, I think Anna may be right. You need to sex your wording up a bit. Remember that guys come to adultwork to get their rocks off.

I hope things start getting better soon.

Xxx
Still finding it impossible... tried to sexualise my profile a bit... so hard to know what so say as I don't have anything specific...

is it better to spend money on directchat positioning or featuring profile?
Pages: 1 2