Adultwork Forum

Full Version: Newbie; just a few questions haha :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!

I joined adultwork just over a week ago and ive had a pretty good first week making a three figure sum over webcam, phone and content.

However, I was wandering if you more experienced cam girls could give me some advice? I have done a lot of research but keep running into the same problems Sad

1. How do you keep someone in group/private for extended time? A lot of the time the man will request and then disappear after between 30 seconds - 2minnuets. If I try to talk to them first they log off, if I get straight down to the dirty they log off, help! haha.

2.How do you deal with the whole not showing your face thing? I am so worried someone will find out that I am on here and my family would disown me. I have lost a lot of potential customers through not being willing to show my face, any advice?

3.Any general tips for a newcomer to build up a good following? Is the free preview worth it?

Thankyou so much Big Grin

xKatieBabyx

First off, welcome to the forum and to AW Big Grin

I would not post about earnings out here in public. Wait until you've built up some feedback on AW and a few more posts and thanks on this forum then ask admin for entry to the private area.

Re guys leaving, some just decide what you're offering is not for them, or you could have an issue with your feed or sound. First off check everything is working right, your internet and computer can handle your stream, and your sound is on. Fill out your profile with what you offer and what you do not offer. Write a directcam bio that gives an accurate snapshot of you the camgirl, and what they can expect.

When they come into your room be welcoming, be interested, talk to them, ask questions, see how their day was. What do they like to talk about? Any specific interests that they'd like to explore? Mirroring, repetition, body language, and genuine interest, mixed with confidence on your part will make you very attractive. Also do not be afraid to be humble. Some guys are arseholes yes, but for the most part they appreciate when you are 'real' - let them know you're new and just finding your feet and you'll be surprised how welcoming and sweet they can be.

Free chat is useful especially when you're new. Set it to 5 minutes only so they don't drive you batty. Be aware you are not allowed to show any nudity in free, and don't show them anything else they ask for unless they tip i.e. show feet, twirl, look at your heels etc. If you're truly concerned about privacy though you might not want to use free or have a free gallery. Paying customers are much less likely to 'out' you since they have a lot to lose too.

There are girls who cam without ever showing face, and some who only show it in paid chat and they do ok. I can't imagine you'll ever reach full potential this way as guys (anyone in fact) prefers to see a whole person rather than just a torso without a head. You can look at other ways to protect your identity like makeup, wigs, glasses, contacts, masks, constumes etc. There are many girls who make their disguise part of their persona, and it can be a fun way to keep your job fresh and exciting by being someone new all the time Smile

Hope to see you in the private section soon.

Good luck x
Hi guys i'm fairly new too am struggling to do a voice mail. On AW it says just press option 0 then option1 to record message but when on the phone they want passwords. I know my ID and Pin for voice mail but which password?
(05-07-2015, 00:07)xKatieBabyx Wrote: [ -> ]First off, welcome to the forum and to AW Big Grin

I would not post about earnings out here in public. Wait until you've built up some feedback on AW and a few more posts and thanks on this forum then ask admin for entry to the private area.

Re guys leaving, some just decide what you're offering is not for them, or you could have an issue with your feed or sound. First off check everything is working right, your internet and computer can handle your stream, and your sound is on. Fill out your profile with what you offer and what you do not offer. Write a directcam bio that gives an accurate snapshot of you the camgirl, and what they can expect.

When they come into your room be welcoming, be interested, talk to them, ask questions, see how their day was. What do they like to talk about? Any specific interests that they'd like to explore? Mirroring, repetition, body language, and genuine interest, mixed with confidence on your part will make you very attractive. Also do not be afraid to be humble. Some guys are arseholes yes, but for the most part they appreciate when you are 'real' - let them know you're new and just finding your feet and you'll be surprised how welcoming and sweet they can be.

Free chat is useful especially when you're new. Set it to 5 minutes only so they don't drive you batty. Be aware you are not allowed to show any nudity in free, and don't show them anything else they ask for unless they tip i.e. show feet, twirl, look at your heels etc. If you're truly concerned about privacy though you might not want to use free or have a free gallery. Paying customers are much less likely to 'out' you since they have a lot to lose too.

There are girls who cam without ever showing face, and some who only show it in paid chat and they do ok. I can't imagine you'll ever reach full potential this way as guys (anyone in fact) prefers to see a whole person rather than just a torso without a head. You can look at other ways to protect your identity like makeup, wigs, glasses, contacts, masks, constumes etc. There are many girls who make their disguise part of their persona, and it can be a fun way to keep your job fresh and exciting by being someone new all the time Smile

Hope to see you in the private section soon.

Good luck x

Hiya hun thankyou so much for the amazing advice and for the information regarding posting earnings, typical newbie error lmao.

I have brought a "catgirl" mask which im going to start incorporating into my shows which i thought would be a good way to disguise who i am. I have shown my face a few times, but the nerves always get the better of me and i quickly hide it again hehe.

I am slowly building up my profile, pictures, etc and hope to get this going as a real business asap!

many thanks again xx