Adultwork Forum

Full Version: Talking on cam. Newbie help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
I'm new to Aw and have just been doing the directcam.
I'm fairly confident at doing things on cam (nudity, toys etc) and i find it very fun!
My only thing is my mic. I love showing them I'm enjoying myself with sound Wink but I'm struggling with how to talk over cam. Especially as you can't hear them back so it feels like talking to yourself.
Do the guys expected responses over mic when they ask questions or is typing still okay?
Any tips also to improve me in this area v welcome! I think it's letting me down x
It's weird to begin with but you soon get used to talking out loud to 'yourself' IMO they like to hear you and expect it. Just be yourself and conversational unless they request anything different in grp or pvt
You will get used to it.

My entire shows are based around chatting, just answer their questions as if they're there with you talking.

Glad you're having fun Smile
I always have sound in free/grp/pvte, as it is easier to talk than to type. It can be frustrating though as sometimes I chat away only to find that I am talking to myself as they can't hear me as they have their sound turned off. Still prefer to chat than to type though.
Thanks for the replies! Think I may just have to get over my stage fright. Seems crazy how I'm so scared to talk normally to people but I'll happily take my clothes off and play around!

I did wonder how you know if they even have sound turned on anyone cause there is no point if they don't but I guess you just have to go with it. Eeek! x
I always say hi to everyone, using their name, and ask questions, like hru and are you enjoying the view, or even can you hear me, and if I don't get a reply, I type 'talking to myself arn't I' or 'you can't hear me can you' and hopefully they reply. At least that way you know one way or the other. Does get a bit difficult though if you have loads in free as can get confusing, lol. Generally most people can hear when in group or private. xx
Thanks! I don't have sound in free and I'm happy with that but def do in group or private. Agree it gets very confusing saying hi to everyone coming in especially if you're already on the middle of something haha!

But a great night last night this really spurred me to push myself and did talking not typing in group.
Pretty sure it will get easier now over that initial strangeness.

Thank you guys! x