Adultwork Forum

Full Version: hiding your identity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have a friend who wants to get into adult work but needs to hide her identity.

She is considering wearing a mask, has anyone any tips or advice on this? clients reaction to masks or not showing face?

Thanks, Jen
x
I presume you are talking about camming?

There is, I understand, a girl who as a cam under her desk!

So the client only ever sees the lower half of her body... bizarre, but I understand she does rather well?

Not sure whether she is on AW or elsewhere... I'll try to dig up the thread, if I can remember which forum it is on.

Otherwise, I do remember a poll on another forum about whether guys would be happy with a webcam show where the girl was wearing a mask and the answer from the guys on that particular forum was a resounding "no".
Most clients will want to see a face, this doesnt mean a mask wont work though, just restricting her customer base abit. If the performer makes up for it in other ways that clients like then there should only be a marginally difference in earnings.
I fully understand her thinking.... With technology as it is a cam show can be recorded and then end up anywhere on the internet and you have no idea whetre it will be shown or on how many sites it will be uploaded to

Sarah x x x
I have a friend that cams, that always wears a wig. This disguises her identity somewhat. I was initially concerned about this, but don't do free and figure it's unlikely I'll be recognised and sometimes you have to take that chance in life. It's a risk crossing the road!
(12-09-2012, 19:09)Precious_whore Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have a friend who wants to get into adult work but needs to hide her identity.

She is considering wearing a mask, has anyone any tips or advice on this? clients reaction to masks or not showing face?

Thanks, Jen
x

Wigs and makeup, a use of a beauty spot, different coloured contact lens, glasses the list can go on and go..Hope this helps
Bluesatin xxx
Showing one's face is going to be best for business...I can imagine she will be asked a lot to show it too, guys like to see our emotions and expressions as well as how attractive we might be.

My thoughts are that, no matter what disguise I wear, someone who knows me well will recognise me but someone who doesn't know me well may not realise it is me...because it's not expected and because I dress up and wear make up etc on cam. I'm just not the same person out in public.
I would say the same as blue satin, wigs, glasses, make up etc. I do think showing face always helps but wearing a eye mask too I suppose all worth a try.
I guess she could make a feature of it?

The main thing is to promote your profile properly. The most beautiful sexy girl in the world will earn bugger all if she doesn't promote her profile.

There is very little for her to lose.. she'd might as well just try it. Maybe get an array of beautiful fancy masks... perhaps go for an entire burlesque theme or something? Just something to make her stand out and arouse men's... err.. curiosity? lol.

You can set up a cam profile for free, and promote for free by doing freeview, but it is well worth sticking a few credits on AW and buying some featured spots. What's the worst that can happen?

x
Pages: 1 2