Adultwork Forum

Full Version: public v private
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
after quite a few concerns since the forum has gone public i thought i would put up a poll to see how many felt the same
private,..

surely for a start of adult content purposes?
I'm loving the new members that are joining us, but I am wondering if they might have found us anyway with the right SEO or keywords. It would be interesting to find out how they found us, so we can try and get new members in a more sensible fashion.
Google recently changed it's ranking algorithms, known as google panda update, this had a huge impact on our rank and amount of traffic visiting this site, we went from receiving approximately 400 visitors per day from google alone to a total of just 10 visitors from all the major search engines.

Googles update unfortunately means that it now needs to be able to access relevant content should we want to be listed in it's results, the content relevant to the primary subject of this website is discussion relating to adult work, adult services and the adult industry and any related topics and that exists in the adult discussion forums.

Since making the adult discussion forum public we have had just 7 pages listed so far in google.co.uk which has already resulted in a 40% increase in the amount of traffic from search engines this month to date compared to the whole of august, and there are still nearly 500 pages for google to list from the total number of threads that currently exist in the adult discussion forum, it is anticipated that this should result in a far larger volume of traffic sent from search engines.

An increase in quality, relevant search engine traffic will result in an increase in members who provide and seek adult services as over 2 million people each month in the United Kingdom search for the specific keywords for which we are currently targeting.

Our current objective is clear and that is for the forum to continue growing like it has done since making the necessary changes, and as unselfish as it sounds, grow the businesses of the members who provide adult service and whilst this forum continues to cover it's running costs from the minimal advertising revenue that objective will not change.

When this forum was first created it's was intended that there would be two distinct areas, an area for those seeking services and service providers to advertise their services, profiles and websites and a separate private area for those who provide services, thus meeting the needs of all.

I hope this helps you understand why it was important for the recent changes.

[Image: ScreenShot2011-09-19at0924182-1.gif]Visitors from search engines 2011 to date.
I think that the section entitled 'Adult Discussion' should be private to members only. The general section is not a problem, as it tends not to be so 18+. I think there is a 'duty of care' when dealing with adult material and if people under the age of 18 are able to gain access to these areas then it is not being applied.

(19-09-2011, 10:25)CurvaceousKate Wrote: [ -> ]I think that the section entitled 'Adult Discussion' should be private to members only. The general section is not a problem, as it tends not to be so 18+. I think there is a 'duty of care' when dealing with adult material and if people under the age of 18 are able to gain access to these areas then it is not being applied.

My thoughts too.

Have to agree with Kate, this is an adult forum, and the adult discussions should really be locked.
I know you are never going to stop under 18's gaining access, but putting a bit of security in place is better than none at all.

I also realise your need to get people to see the content, especially via search engines. I did suggest something I have seen other forums use, which is the ability to view so many threads before being required to log in. Could you not employ something similar? That way google, and others could browse a new post, but the whole forum would not be viewable until the reader logs in.
(19-09-2011, 10:25)CurvaceousKate Wrote: [ -> ]I think that the section entitled 'Adult Discussion' should be private to members only. The general section is not a problem, as it tends not to be so 18+. I think there is a 'duty of care' when dealing with adult material and if people under the age of 18 are able to gain access to these areas then it is not being applied.

Just like to agree with and add my support to Kate's comment.

monty69

I have to say that I am not that happy to have my posts available to all and sundry. I agree with Kate that we need to hav e the Adult section private. For me that would be a comprimise as, given the choice, I would rather the whole site be private to Members only.
While I understand what you are saying Monty the truth is nothing we put on forums is every anything but public and can be accessed by anyone - thats the nature of the beast.

And i understand fully the points made by Admin and note that despite the change no more non members are looking at the site than previously.
Pages: 1 2 3