Adultwork Forum

Full Version: Question about HMRC and background checks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone!
    I'm really new here, and I'm really interested in becoming a non-nude camgirl. However, I have one important question and I'm sure some of you might know the answer. 
I heard that we all have to register through HMRC as "self-employed" as this is a real job and we have to pay taxes. So I was wondering if the HMRC would know that we are associated with Adult Work at all? The reason being asked is because I'm currently a student and hoping to pursue a profession that may require background job history checks (hoping to become a doctor). I do not know if this "self-employed" job on the background check will reveal that I'm a camgirl or associated with AW? Or would it just be "self-employed" and nothing else?
  Please help me out; this is the only thing that stops me from doing it. 

Best,
Kayla
What you tell Inland Revenue stays confidential. Xx
Anything and everything you tell HMRC is confidential. I have never known HMRC be anything but confidential, sometimes they won't even discuss things with your accountant who you've already authorised to deal with your tax affairs!

This article on my website may help and this may add some more reassurance.

Good luck in your new venture.