Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there rules for posting old pictures in profiles?
Am the only person who has been strongly attracted to a model based on the primary pic used only to find the person in free chat or group or private is many years older than the pictures they posted, or much heavier?? Live View has definitely been a step forward in filtering out members who look totally different, but I would like to know if there are rules for this, and if not why not?

Somewhat related to this is the apparent lack of functionality of the AW website to truly filter members from your default view. I end up adding a model to my Hot list and then notes say `nothing like their pics' - which is a totally inefficient way to manage your playmates. I know custom search can be created but these have not been very useful. I don't understand why that search interface has to be so complicated and full of limitations.

Thanks in advance for any comments/feedback and information.

Cheers

PS - I could attach many examples of my first topic, but I respect everyone's privacy. This post was prompted by a `new' model I found where the 2 pictures in her main profile are at least 10+ years apart and I feel this sort of thing needs to be reported somehow. Maybe there is and I just don't know it lol
She's not breaking any rules in posting old pictures of herself, more so in the case of those with professional pictures. It could be construed as slightly misleading, sure, but if you want to see a recent picture of a service provider - just ask them. More than likely they'll have some in their private gallery to view.
(25-01-2017, 19:15)Ana_X Wrote: She's not breaking any rules in posting old pictures of herself, more so in the case of those with professional pictures. It could be construed as slightly misleading, sure, but if you want to see a recent picture of a service provider - just ask them. More than likely they'll have some in their private gallery to view.

Oh of course I forgot about the private galleries - which I have viewed when my interest is high.
Anytime I have asked that question about "accuracy" of their photos, the response was never friendly if there even was one.

I suppose for me I expect a level of transparency among members because if someone deliberately posts 10 year old pics and does not provide free chat or galleries then I would consider that more than just slightly misleading. This is just my opinion and I will continue to be disappointed at having to spend so much time checking the veracity of a members images if they have posted them.

Thank you for your reply!
Useful to know.
I'm slightly lost here, what is 'like view'..?
You also have the option of entering hundreds of girls cams for free when they are in freeview mode where you can simply see for yourself without it costing a penny.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to BeautifulBADGirl for this post:
  • BITCHDOM, JoiBleu
I think it is in our interests as cam girls to keep our pictures as unedited and recent as possible. When women over shop or use very old pictures, it can taint the pool for the rest of us, as then we perhaps lose business from men who wont go into group/private without seeing you in free first, as someone who doesnt offer free, you can see where I am coming from. That being said, these women do have the right to promote themselves as they see fit, and perhaps these pictures give them the confidence needed to actually get on cam. As much as we love the work as a whole, we all have off days or feel a little insecure, so having a very well put together profile with professional pics might just be a way to present their best selves. Anyway, in answer to your question, no they aren't breaking any rules.
Professional photos could also mean the model takes her work seriously, IS professional, and makes enough money to justify investing in a proper photo shoot
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to BeautifulBADGirl for this post:
  • L2018
you dont know for sure the two photos are ten years apart. Alot of cammers will have a pro shoot and an amateur one, professional lighting can knock years off anyone. and the photographer almost always does editing to them. I would be more worried about entering a room of a model who only has pro shoots, reality isn' that pretty.. well unless you are a supermodel, but if you were you wouldnt be on AW would you.

A huge majority of the younger cammers seem to have snapchat filters on their photos, this is for a variety of reasons, and yes it is misleading, not just for the fact they completely change your face but the filters make you look a decade younger.. but on the other flip of the coin you have to remember some using the system will post our images in google face recogniser to try and find our identities, when you dont post your face you get generally less pings.

Its just the way of the world these days, people face tune and edit their pictures. Don't even get me started on the freakish pinched in waist and expanding butts you see edited, when you know in real life they are more Vanessa Felts than Nicki Minaj. Simple answer is, if something seems to good to be true is probably is, just stick to free view, there is an abundance of girls using it these days, or use a token site like MyFreeCams.com.
Over editing into freakish barbie shapes is just shooting oneself in the foot. Anyone who enters their cam is likely to experience disappointment straight away because they've set a false standard for them to expect, one that physically can't be met. Also there is reverse to this phenomenon. I know of ladies on AW with less than polished photos that don't do them justice at all. I think anyone doing this full time should have a quality shoot (that is my personal opinion based on what has worked for me) and also upload natural photos too. If I was an AW client I wouldn't get so hung up on the main profile photo though. Checking feedback must also be of some use in this area? An abundance of recent positive reviews must mean the photos are a relatively decent representation of what the model really looks like, otherwise surely someone would say something - and should!! Subscribing to a private gallery is fun and you get to sift through and get a far better idea of what to expect. Obviously not if it's a very small gallery, but a gallery of hundreds of pics can't possibly ALL be misleading.