Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Movie clip prices
Ok something really strange is happening to the prices on my movie clips! I normally keep them pretty low, around 2-5 creds each but everytime i go to check they've been put up in price! I've changed them back a few times only to see they've been put up in price again! Surely only i can do this? Why does the price keep going up?? Very confused!! xx
Adultwork do that automatically for some reason depends what format and quality too we keep ours low too xxx
Thus happened to me before I deleted them (ready to replace with new) wonder what causes it? I would set it for like 5 credits and then when I went to check it was some thing stupid like 18.34 credits?

Kinda makes me laugh that girls who have been here years still don't always know what we are doing lol
There is a minimum credit charge per mb or something so the system automatically changes the price to the minimum if you set them too low
Xx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mia_Starlight for this post:
  • Gone
(25-10-2016, 10:43)xXxMEFxXx Wrote: Thus happened to me before I deleted them (ready to replace with new) wonder what causes it? I would set it for like 5 credits and then when I went to check it was some thing stupid like 18.34 credits?

Kinda makes me laugh that girls who have been here years still don't always know what we are doing lol

I'm sure it's something to do with the quality (sounds daft) but better quality they are higher the price is lol xxx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lisadavelatte for this post:
  • Gone
Right... well sure in that case just gimme a minute to film my clips with a potato lol

I find it odd that we aren't fully in control of our own content. Like when they give free access to our erotica or pictures with the freeview thing when guys spend x amount... I don't work hard making content for it to be given away without my permission, nor do I create videos so that someone else can estimate their value to me. *grumpy face*
(25-10-2016, 11:03)xXxMEFxXx Wrote: Right... well sure in that case just gimme a minute to film my clips with a potato lol

I find it odd that we aren't fully in control of our own content. Like when they give free access to our erotica or pictures with the freeview thing when guys spend x amount... I don't work hard making content for it to be given away without my permission, nor do I create videos so that someone else can estimate their value to me. *grumpy face*

To be fair on the movie clips though Hun I can understand it as I know how much it costs for servers etc... if people put on loads of large quality clips for little amounts the less commission AW get and servers are not cheap
I don't like the whole free view thing though
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mia_Starlight for this post:
  • Gone
(25-10-2016, 11:07)Mia_Starlight Wrote:
(25-10-2016, 11:03)xXxMEFxXx Wrote: Right... well sure in that case just gimme a minute to film my clips with a potato lol

To be fair on the movie clips though Hun I can understand it as I know how much it costs for servers etc... if people put on loads of large quality clips for little amounts the less commission AW get and servers are not cheap
I don't like the whole free view thing though

.....I didn't even think of that! I am not smarts when it comes to servers and so on, first to admit I've no clue! I suppose when you incorporate those costs it doesn't seem as wild. Would be handy if there was a guide? As in, videos of this size charged at X amount and so on.
File Type Extension Minimum Credits to
be charged per Mb

Windows Media WMV, WMA 0.10
MPEG MPG, MPEG 0.10
Quicktime MOV, QT 0.10
Windows Video AVI 0.05
Windows Audio WAV 0.05
Any Other Format 0.10

If you go to manage movie clips there's a link that says minimum pricing guide

Xx
Can you stop making me look stupid with your facts and helpful answers, Mia... Big Grin lol

That's super handy! I will have to work out how to record in lower quality x

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I buy a movie clip, what info does the performer/seller see? marco1023 10 15,378 27-01-2016, 09:54
Last Post: MissSophieGreen