Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

2016 Q&A with AW Webmaster
(30-03-2016, 18:47)xKatieBabyx Wrote: We should not ever feel unable to voice our concerns, make suggestions, or respond to unfair criticism. Some of the answers to this Q & A are beyond rude, and actually make me question why AW chose to hold it in the first place.

I get that totally but slagging off adultwork on social media will never make the situation better. 

Its bad press and will just drive people from the site which is the opposite to what we all want
Oh  whos been slagging them off then? I havent seen any Though quite a few sgirls are understandably pissed off. Personally I think if a site is good and moving in the right direction, theyll always get spoken about highly. Worrying about who says what on social media is not a good sign.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to xKatieBabyx for this post:
  • MadameSays, MissL, Pixie
If there is a problem I am having with adultwork, there is 2 things that I will do. First I will contact adultwork about it and then I will come on here to see if any other webcam performers have had the same problem.

From adultwork I will get an automated response directing me to a useless article on their help centre. I'll then mail them another time and either I get another automated response or they actually get back to me. Sometimes they sort the problem out but most of the time they bullshit me.

From the forums on here I find out if it is just me having this problem or not. I often find out a solution to this problem. I also find out if it's an ongoing issue across the board and so, most likely not an issue my end.

I'm sure adultwork would like it if it's service providers were not to talk to each other about issues. Im sure they would like it if myself and everyone else were to shut our pretty mouths. That does after all leave us with very little information and leaves us open to being messed about and possibly taken advantage of.

When cam girls get together they are stronger and have a far bigger voice. We may be sex workers, but we still have, and, deserve rights.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Pixie for this post:
  • fetishbootslut, MissL
(30-03-2016, 16:54)Miss Louise Kay Wrote: Like i say I'm a massive fan of adultwork I think some girls need to stop biting the hand that feeds them

I can see your point but AW doesn't feed us. It provides one of that platforms from which I can work hard and feed myself.

(30-03-2016, 22:31)MissL Wrote:
(30-03-2016, 16:54)Miss Louise Kay Wrote: Like i say I'm a massive fan of adultwork I think some girls need to stop biting the hand that feeds them

I can see your point but AW doesn't feed us. It provides one of that platforms from which I can work hard and feed myself.

Adultwork provides a customer base, for un known girls with out said customer base its pretty hard to start camming
however with adultwork you log on and in a matter of mins with minimal effort you can be making money.

Its not far off feeding us IMO
@MLK

As a real world Service Seeker I'm a big fan of AW as well there really is nothing else like it in this country but I think your rather underestimating the part the SPs have played in that success, if we the punters real world or virtual don't find what we want here then we'll go elsewhere. AW may be the biggest site of it's kind now but that doesn't mean it always will be and it would be foolish not to listen to and sometimes take onboard the ideas and concerns of it's members.
I'm really not bothered I like League One.

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Nova70 for this post:
  • CurvyBlondeOnCam, fetishbootslut, MissL
(31-03-2016, 02:09)Nova70 Wrote: @MLK

As a real world Service Seeker I'm a big fan of AW as well there really is nothing else like it in this country but I think your rather underestimating the part the SPs have played in that success, if we the punters real world or virtual don't find what we want here then we'll go elsewhere. AW may be the biggest site of it's kind now but that doesn't mean it always will be and it would be foolish not to listen to and sometimes take onboard the ideas and concerns of it's members.

I totally agree with your point, and I don't under estimate the work that SP do, it takes two to tango. Adultwork are clearly moving forward in terms of advertising and helping girls out. 

From my point of view the site is awesome, I have no complaints in regards to software or servers. Blaming the site because you're having a slow day is completely unjust. 

Also adultwork take such a small percentage compared to sites such as streamate which take 65-70% I believe. I think girls need to remember than when they are complaining etc about the site.
Im not sure who blames them for a slow day, I know I certainly don't and as I said before the lack of free chat and the small % they take is excellent. AW can be a good platform and no one's 'ashamed to admit it'. Some of us just don't like the attitude given off by who ever answered those questions on behalf of them.

But I don't automatically get people streaming in or throwing free money at me just because Ive logged in, I still have to entice the customers and retain them....hence why I feed myself.

"
Also adultwork take such a small percentage compared to sites such as streamate which take 65-70% I believe. I think girls need to remember than when they are complaining etc about the site."

Adultwork take 30% then direct cam take 5%. Then we pay for placement and featuring. It ends up as a greater % in the end.

Streamate % includes the costs of the cam player. And yes we pay adultwork alot less then would streamate for being on their site, using their software and receiving their traffic.

But that doesn't change the fact that we are paying for their traffic, software and site. They're the ones that set their % not us.

Telling us that it's upto us to bring traffic to their site is ridiculous. Telling us that it's our fault that business isn't as good as it used to be because being we sit on cam looking bored is insulting.

We're still paying for a product. We pay a min of 30% for skype bookings and 35% for directcam. And most performers also pay for featuring and placement.

What I find the most frustrating is that they treat us with contempt quite often. They don't seem to remember that this is our job, our income and its what pays our bills.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Pixie for this post:
  • MissL
I think I'm always gonna be too adultwork bias, the sites changed my life completely, I don't have one issue with the site, they've been great to me in terms of communication with me. I work 5-7 days a week I work hard and consistently and any more I spend on featuring ( which is your own choice to spend ) is insignificant compared to what I reap
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Miss Louise Kay for this post:
  • country-gal