Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

2016 Q&A with AW Webmaster
I'm not sure what to say. There's an air of grandeur and patronisation that has left me completely open mouthed.

Almost every question was answered with them heaping blame on service providers. Why are they using this as an opportunity to get some digs in when it's simply not needed. I am glad to see they're finally changing the pricing structure for movies though, it should make the sales of these a little better.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MissL for this post:
  • CurvyBlondeOnCam
I think it is somewhat naive to think that a professional webcammer who puts in the time, builds a client base and following, works to the top of their game and has a high level of consistent turnover would not decide to become independent. I appreciate what they're trying to say, but if everyone with several years experience on site and thousands of feedback one day up and vanished, would the site crash and burn? If that were the case, it's not the fault of the performers for furthering their career, it's purely down to backroom management for not having a better strategy in place.

Currently on AW I sell highly compressed micro clips of the content I make due to the pricing making them unattractively pricey. If I want to sell my content I NEED to use other platforms who manage to sell my full size clips (most recently in HD) in both duration and quality at a competitive price of £1 and $1 per minute - not per MB, which would make the cost to the end buyer crippling. 

Clip values being addressed will be good, more admin ability on our side to see which clips sell best will be good; at least there's some positives to take from this recent Q&A
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Ana_X for this post:
  • country-gal, CurvyBlondeOnCam, MissL
Lightbulb 
There is a difference between taking customers of site & customers choosing which platform they use for their entertainment.

I have had customers from all sites find me elsewhere but AW is always my preferred platform, with others secondary for various reasons not connected to AW per se.

Thank you AWF Webmaster for hosting this Q & A & notifying us of the responses. Much appreciated and interesting to note.
[-] The following 9 users say Thank You to kinkydirtybitch for this post:
  • admin, Ana_X, CurvyBlondeOnCam, fetishbootslut, MadameSays, Miss-Irish-Taboo, MissL, SwingingMilf, XDirtyGilf46x
Can you stop letting clients watch my movies for free? How do freeviews help anyone?
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to beauvoir for this post:
  • American Hotwife, sarahxxx
(29-03-2016, 13:03)admin Wrote:
Client Q 1: The ability to search blogs.

Client A 1: Added to projects list.

Client Q 2: The ability to download emails, both sent and received,
over a certain age, like a month for example, in a format suitable for
importing into most commonly used PC Email Clients.

Client A 2:

Client Q 3: The ability to view Bookings as a separate option, rather
than having to trawl through "All Correspondence" in order to find
them. The current options don't seem to find them.

Client A 3: Added to projects list.

Client Q 4: Main Page > Quick Links > Your Hot List. If you have
several hot lists but the default one is empty, clicking this option
causes an error. Better it displayed the list of hotlists, I think, if
there are any, in the same way as Search > My Hot Lists does.

Client A 4: Fixed.

3 out of 4 isn't too shabby - would have preferred *something* to Q2 even if it was of the "not this side of hell freezing over" variety.

Also a shame I seem to be the only client who could be bothered to ask anything at all...
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Likes-Big-Girls for this post:
  • admin, CurvyBlondeOnCam
[quote pid='82508' dateline='1459328762']

3 out of 4 isn't too shabby - would have preferred *something* to Q2 even if it was of the "not this side of hell freezing over" variety.

Also a shame I seem to be the only client who could be bothered to ask anything at all...

[/quote]

yep it would of been if there was more guys concerning there problems it works both ways!  Yes
(30-03-2016, 08:48)beauvoir Wrote: Can you stop letting clients watch my movies for free? How do freeviews help anyone?

This really does my head in at time , I hate when guys are like I love your moves , just watching one right now and you get f all for it  , I really think we should get at least something for it , or at least every seconds clip that someone views for free we get the money !
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CurvyBlondeOnCam for this post:
  • American Hotwife
Yes It would of been good if more customers also asked what annoys/bugs them too as they can see some issues it is for us and the customers. But have to say sometimes with the directcam issue some guys are streaming so much at the same time it can be why they get it freeze I had a guy camming streaming a vid and other programs open then said oh yes it not working so it is them too at times.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to fetishbootslut for this post:
  • CurvyBlondeOnCam, MissL
"Be under no illusion that as fast as we can bring in new customers, members attempt to divert customers away from AW to webcam using PayPal, Skype and/or bank transfers via Twitter or their own websites. If those members diverting customers elsewhere were to stop doing so, there would obviously be more credits circulating. This is not just new members breaching our Terms here but also some members who have been on the Site for years suddenly decide that our Terms of Use don't apply to them. A quick win leads to longer term pain."

Without being hopefully not being too cheeky , Adultwork is not the only cam site that girls use , I don't divert customers away from AW via my twitter or from AW its self , but I get people who don't want to join and pay via a different method/site who are from twitter, I always say to clients who want a show to go via my AW but not many of them do. I get many customers popping up on different sites saying they have cammed with me on AW , MyFreeCams.com etc . 

@kinkydirtybitch hit the nail on the head "There is a difference between taking customers of site & customers choosing which platform they use for their entertainment."

So personally I don't think that is fair to say girls who have been on the sites for years are taking customers from Twitter , you will find that girls who take clients from Twitter have not even got an AW account.

"A 3: There are no outstanding issues with JustCamIt or either of the DirectCam players. Any clients experiencing any problem should contact us. Assuming no technical issues on the plethora of different devices and connections out there, clearly the version of events described to a cam host by a client may not always be an accurate version of events, more a polite way to exit."

"There are so many providers on cam who look bored, tired or simply can't be bothered and then cry "technical fault" when people come, then go. If webcamming is more than just a hobby, treat it like so. Invest in good hardware, good lighting and ensure you always appear ready and capable of performing."

I have a great laptop ,internet ,  webcam and good lighting , but I still have weekly problems sometimes daily  with just cammit  and direct cam and when I do email to ask I get an auto response ! From guys not being able to connect to me , webcam not loading , not appearing on line when logged in and having  to log off and on to appear online , just cammit freezing on me if i dare click of a guys webcam Its never ending .

You have twisted it back on to the provider yet again by saying its our fault  , I am not saying that guys don't leave for those reasons and off cause we many experience low BW our end  I would be stupid to think otherwise but I can tell you 100% I am not looking bored and using shit equipment  and for you to tar "many" of us all with the same brush is very rude . Your words not mine. 

Anyhoooooo , thats my wee rant over and done with , thanks AW for your answers some I appreciate and some I am not to happy with , but Adultwork is my go to webcam site despite its flaws  Angel
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to CurvyBlondeOnCam for this post:
  • littlelilyx, MissL
(30-03-2016, 13:02)fetishbootslut Wrote: Yes It would of been good if more customers also asked what annoys/bugs them too as they can see some issues it is for us and the customers.  But have to say sometimes with the directcam issue some guys are streaming so much at the same time it can be why they get it freeze I had a guy camming streaming a vid and other programs open then said oh yes it not working so it is them too at times.

I sometimes say to them if they are not connecting are you downloading anything , youtube , etc and they are like yeahh!! there is your problem haha! its not rocket science , maybe some type of system message is in need when guys connect ? For better streaming exit all other sites?! 

Worth a shot you never now , its usaully the simpliest of changes that work for the best 
xxxx
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to CurvyBlondeOnCam for this post:
  • English Helena, fetishbootslut, Miss-Irish-Taboo, MissL