AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making movie sizes small enough to keep price down
Big Grin 
Hey all hope work is good and people are busy

I am forever struggling to get my movies down to a reasonable file size to make them a fair price.

I know AW charge per MB and whenever I shrink them to, say less then 2mb to make them 2 credits the quality is too bad.

If I leave them large file sizes then as we all know they are charged out at, like, 78 credits or something crazy!!

Am I missing something really obvious here? Can you set your own price for rental and this is the way to do it? Even when I do a mobile phone clip it still comes it at over 10mb file size which would be 10 credits or more.... which I no one in their right mind would pay and I wouldn't want to charge.

I have loads of stuff I want to post up but they are all way to big and when I compress either look crap or are still too big......

What do others do if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend xx
Hi, I would use windows movie maker to run a couple of tests on. You can tell it to output movie to 20mb for example then chop and change codecs until you find the one you think looks best.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to admin for this post:
  • classylady
I have the exact same problem. I uploaded a video 8 minutes long and it was charging £68 whatever j changed it to you. Like you I figured out its charged per MB which means your better just uploading very small couple of minute style clips which isn't ideal really if you want to do anything inventive. I wonder if there's anyway around it without loosing the quality Sad

Hi, try rentals for the long videos:

http://www.adultwork.com/dlgKBArticle.as...icleID=494

Thanks
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to admin for this post:
  • Charliescarlet
Or you could use a converter to change them to the AVI format which costs half the price of WMV, MOV etc

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to MissL for this post:
  • Charliescarlet, fetishbootslut
hi I keep  mine at around five minuets long  and mp4 or wmv format , If I have a longer movie I call it part one or part two etc , even at five minuets credits can fluctuate from 3 credits to 8 credits , but they still sell , your fan base will buy them so don't worry hun, its always better to display decent , reasonably priced content rather than reduced lesser quality movies that yes may sell a lot more but wont be good quality , if I get gentleman whinging about my movie prices I politely say well a five minuet movie would be a five minuet phone chat hun or two minuet private directcam Wink as mentioned it can be frustrating but your fans will always look forward to your content and will buy it

kisses country-gal www.adultwork.com/297076
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to country-gal for this post:
  • Charliescarlet