Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

IT'S NOT A WAR
Having spent a lot of time both reading and contributing to forums concerning paying for sex I have noticed that when push comes to shove you nearly always see a polarisation of opinion, we tend to agree with others from "our side" be that punter or wg. Topics that appear to be critical of one group or the other seem to invoke a knee jerk reaction that we should be loyal to "our side" instead of perhaps trying to see the other side of the argument and considering whether it has any merit.

The campaigns to make paying for sex a criminal act have gained momentum across Europe and their proponents The New Puritans take the darker side of the industry and present it as the norm, they seek to vilify men like me portraying us as sexual predators and drawing comparisons with those involved in grooming etc, at the same time insisting that those who sell sex are helpless victims of circumstance who have no alternative but prostitute themselves. Of course that darker side does exist but having done this for a good few years now I know those portrayals of punters and wgs are a gross distortion.

The point I'm making is if we continue to ignore the sensible ideas and constructive criticisms of "the other side" when it comes to improving our collective lot then maybe our real enemies will sneak up on us and before we know it make criminals of us all.
You actually make a good point here Nova. It does annoy me that people who are against this industry only want to see the worst part of it. The ironic part actually is that many elements of the press present that distortion as the full and complete reality when all the time a lot of their journalists are active participants of the industry. Odd eh.
(16-05-2015, 20:00)ROLover Wrote: You actually make a good point here Nova. It does annoy me that people who are against this industry only want to see the worst part of it. The ironic part actually is that many elements of the press present that distortion as the full and complete reality when all the time a lot of their journalists are active participants of the industry. Odd eh.

Thank you, your right of course, not to mention the double standards of politicians who's private lives often reveal them to be hypocrites of the highest order.
(16-05-2015, 19:43)Nova70 Wrote: Having spent a lot of time both reading and contributing to forums concerning paying for sex I have noticed that when push comes to shove you nearly always see a polarisation of opinion, we tend to agree with others from "our side" be that punter or wg. Topics that appear to be critical of one group or the other seem to invoke a knee jerk reaction that we should be loyal to "our side" instead of perhaps trying to see the other side of the argument and considering whether it has any merit.

Personally I don't have a side, apart from my own... I do see both side of the story and if I don't agree with something I say so, regardless of if it is a wg or a punter saying it.

But the truth is, we all look at things from a different point of view and that will never change, guys complain about the service they get from girls and girls complain that guys mess them about.

Guys post on forums anonymously, and often have different user names on various forums, girls usually don't.

Sarah x x x
If majority of people (punters and wg) do things in a rightful manner, then there would be much less hassle
(17-05-2015, 11:10)wife4rent Wrote:
(16-05-2015, 19:43)Nova70 Wrote: Having spent a lot of time both reading and contributing to forums concerning paying for sex I have noticed that when push comes to shove you nearly always see a polarisation of opinion, we tend to agree with others from "our side" be that punter or wg. Topics that appear to be critical of one group or the other seem to invoke a knee jerk reaction that we should be loyal to "our side" instead of perhaps trying to see the other side of the argument and considering whether it has any merit.

Personally I don't have a side, apart from my own... I do see both side of the story and if I don't agree with something I say so, regardless of if it is a wg or a punter saying it.

But the truth is, we all look at things from a different point of view and that will never change, guys complain about the service they get from girls and girls complain that guys mess them about.

Guys post on forums anonymously, and often have different user names on various forums, girls usually don't.

Sarah x x x

All perfectly true Sarah but we have to accept that at least some of these complaints are justified even when there made about us, on another thread the subject of leaving honest feedback was raised, for instance if your a wg and a client has shown model behaviour when you have actually met him you may be reluctant to say that he messed you around by rearranging half a dozen times, likewise as a punter if a wg you've seen has a big reputation you might be nervous about saying you where underwhelmed by her service.

As for forums yes I do use different names but sometimes the one you want isn't available because it or something similar is already being used, but if I write a review or post a comment about a particular wg then she's probably going to be able to work out who I am. For wgs using the same name makes sense as participating on forums is also another form of advertising, nothing wrong with that I hasten to add as long as you abide by the forum rules, allowing a link to the website/profile is fine by me.

The point I'm making Sarah is that we are interdependent and that places like this can help to resolve some of these issues and even go some way towards countering the negative and usually false perceptions the rest of the population has about us.
(17-05-2015, 12:32)torrentmike Wrote: If majority of people (punters and wg) do things in a rightful manner, then there would be much less hassle

True, but we may need to be made aware of what the "rightful manner" actually is from the other viewpoint.
(17-05-2015, 12:39)Nova70 Wrote: The point I'm making Sarah is that we are interdependent and that places like this can help to resolve some of these issues and even go some way towards countering the negative and usually false perceptions the rest of the population has about us.

Have to disagree with you there and it comes from years of experience dealing with guys that have a hard on, as, I believe, you said previously in another post, you can't be held responsible for what you do when your aroused.

I have a work phone, the pet name for it is "The Idiot" phone, my train of thought is that every time it rings there will be an idiot on the other end, no amount of discussion on this or any other forum will stop me thinking that.

Even punters that I have seen many times before will have moments of madness, mess you about and become total idiots. When they do they lose the respect I had for them and have to regain my trust.

What do you hope to change?

Will it stop the guys calling to try and have a dirty phone call? No
Will it stop the guys calling to make a booking they have no intention of keeping? No

I am sure from the punters point of view you have many things that you would like to change, that girls would stop doing. Unfortunately girls that operate in that way will keep doing the same and have no need to stop whilst the punters keep knocking their door. It is business and any business will only re think its customer service policy when they stop getting customers.

Your right though, it is not a war... it is just the way things are done and on both side we all have to put up with the crap, that will never change.

Sarah x x x

PS And as for the rest of society, they have their views about WG's and punters and that will never change, there will always be those that think that way.
"The idiot phone" lol, Sarah that's harsh. I can honestly say that when it's been necessary for me to cancel or rearrange a booking and those occasions have been very few I've nearly always been able to give at least 24 hours notice which I think is reasonable, there have been two occasions where hold ups on the way traffic etc have meant that I was unable to make the booking, one wg was very understanding the other gave me an ear full.

To say that none of your clients have been reliable seems a little unlikely to me, and do remember that wgs do cancel or wish to rearrange bookings as well but again as long as they give me reasonable notice that's no problem.
Should have mentioned this in the previous post, Sarah I do think it's possible to change the perception of the wider public after all I bet yours have changed since you actually became involved I know my own have.