Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Watermarking webcam stream?
Hi everyone, I've lurked around these forums for a long time and found a lot of useful info and am now hoping to ask for a bit of my own advice if I may? Smile

My AW career has mostly consisted of phone chat, I've done a fair bit of camming on and off but its always been a few sessions here and there and never anything I did regularly up until recently. Anyway now that I've started offering webcam more often the worry that someone might record and reupload my shows are a constant niggling worry at the back of my mind, I was sad to find it does happen while searching through these forums but not surprised. So I wanted to do whatever I could to deter these recorders and downloaded manycam to watermark my stream... my question is this, is it enough to simply have my AW URL/username and the days date to put people off recording? Or should I also add something underneath my name like "not to be reuploaded/shared"? Is that even allowed? I was playing around with the watermarking tonight trying to keep it very obvious and visable in the top corner of my stream but also with text small enough so that it doesn't take any focus away from me or my show.

I know a watermark won't stop everyone but whatever I can do to stop the majority will give me a little peace of mind.

Also sorry that I couldn't post this in the private area of the forum but I wasn't sure if I was able to request access just yet as even though I am a member of AW's Finest I'm not an active member of these forums so I got all confused as to whether I was allowed to have access to that part of the forums yet! Smile