Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet
My contract is up with Talk Talk (thank god) and leaving them finally, so can anyone recommend internet providers & packages for webcammers that will be fast and reliable? Talktalk said something about upgrading to a business internet provider but not sure what that even means? What do you all have? I'm clueless x
Hi, I had sky and they were terrible sometimes I would go days with no internet. But to be fair they were always quick to fix the problem. If you have it in your area I would go with virgin media. I have had no problems with them as it's all wireless so it's been great. People who work from home get business internet contracts. So if the line goes down they can receive financial compensation for work lost as well as discounted days for loss of connection as I was told by sky.

Lily.
Can you get cable or fibre? If so then I can recommend plusnet Smile back when we were on shitty copper wire broadband BT were moderately better upload speed (the important thing for camming) x
I'm not sure if I can get fibre optic or not. After a quick google, it says I can, but everyone I have spoken to who lives near me says we can't xx
I would also recommend Plusnet, or any kind of fibre.

A good tip is before signing up to anyone, go on their help forums and search for your postcode to see if there are any known issues... The company themselves will promise you amazing speeds but won't tell you about a fault in your area. If there is one, the forums will be full of people complaining about it x
Go here and put in your phone number and postcode https://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker It will tell you what you can get in that area. Anything with ftt is fibre (to the door/ cabinet). Although it might only say BT fibre you should be able to get plusnet, talktalk etc as they resell BT services and are often cheaper. Go with the service that can offer you the highest upload speed x
Fibre broadband
Download speed
69Mb

Is this any good? This is what plusnet says x
That's what they can give you in your area? If so yea go for it. Your only concern should be with upload speed not download, although your download is slightly higher than mine and I get 16mb upload so I think you'd probably get around 18mb. More than you'll ever need for camming and streaming multiple sites Smile
I lost my broadband for 36hrs and only just got back online, it's the second time it's gone down for a while and I am with Plusnet. wondering about switching to a business account but need to find out more.
Can't wait to get fibre.