Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Does type of cam make much difference?
At the moment I am just using the built in cam on my laptop, to be honest I have no idea of the spec of it.
However, since my bootie is my best asset I spend a lot of time facing away from the cam and having to turn around so have been tempted to buy a separate cam, and I remember reading one AW girl had one with a remote control so she could zoom in/out etc and turn it. I like the idea of this for doing certain things, where I struggle with camera angles occasionally to give the view I want.
But does having a fancy cam really make a difference to your earnings/potential clients? I have spotted some issues with the bandwidth on AW when I increased the resolution on my cam, so worried that if I did get a fancy webcam it might not actually be supported on JCI anyway (though Skype can support it for prebooked shows).
So as long as the resolution/sound on my basic cam is acceptable would I just be wasting my money?
I use the one that's built in to my laptop. Its fairly new and is apparently a HD cam. I've never had any complaints about it, but a lot of ladies have said that built in ones aren't good for webcamming and the best ones are the logitech ones. I see loads of profiles where the ladies have all their specifications listed, but it means nothing to me, I doubt it means much to the men who view us either...
Thanks, my laptop is only a few months old so guess my built in cam is probably HD too, it's more about the angles, somethings I find it hard to get laptop in a good position to give the required view - normally if they want to see all of me stood up, I seem to have to be so far away from the laptop to get a top to toe picture.
Off cause it is better to have a amazing expensive cam ....but ... I have been on aw for near 3 years and still I am using my laptop cam and have never ever had any single person conplaint Big Grin yey high five ,My cam is at 30fps so i suppose that is good and hd , but for 3 years later thats is a long time Tongue
I hate the built in cam on my laptop, I bought a separate cam for about £20. I can move it all around and still type. I dunno if I would bother with an uber expensive cam, I loved my old one that broke, it was a little blurry, bit like having vasaline on the cam - I looked great hahaha
I don't want to spend a fortune, so £20 is ideal, need to be earning more not spending more. But it would be handy to have a cam that is separate to the laptop, guys don't chat to me for my boobs, they want to see my legs, stockings and bootie, but that is hard as I can't type while the laptop cam is facing down! I might go have a look in the shops while hubby away for next few days Wink
You will earn more if you invest in your equipment. When starting off camming is great in that you literally can do it with just an old laptop, built in cam, crappy internet, and a sexy outfit. But as you go on it makes sense to improve and build on your brand. You don't have to pay a fortune for a good cam, you can pick up most logitech's on ebay, and I bought my Older microsoft Lifecam direct from the store for just £30.
Thankfully I do have high speed internet and a new laptop so my cam is HD and is capable of much better resolution etc than Just Cam It will accept. I rarely do Skype, though I offer it, but that is set to a better quality sound and picture than DirectCam. It really is just the positioning, so if I have a separate cam I cam clip it to my lampstand and have the camera angled at my legs or feet or wherever and still be able to type.