Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Linking To Twitter ???
Can someone remind me how you link your AW profile to Twitter ? I really need a fools guide, I have been messing around for ages and cant find how Sad
Click on "My Details"

Under "Profile Management in the top right of the page, click the plus sign next to "Edit Profile and Contact Details"

Click the "Edit Profile" button.

On the "General" tab (which shows by default) scroll down to the bottom of the page.

The third option from the bottom is "Manage Links" - click that.

A pop-up window opens entitled "Your Links"... there are two boxes for you to type in.

In the first box, put what you want people to see on your AW profile. This would normally be something indicating that this is how the user can find your twitter profile. Mine, for example, says "Follow @Trinity_Belle on Twitter!" but it could say anything you like.

In the second box, put the web address of your twitter account (you don't need the "http://" as that is already added for you. There are a couple of different ways of doing this... either you can direct them to your page, or you can send them straight to the "follow" command, which is what I do.

So for me, my twitter handle is @Trinity_Belle so to direct people to my profile I could put: twitter.com/Trinity_Belle

But in order to prompt people to follow me, I actually use: twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=@Trinity_Belle

Click the "Save" button in the pop-up window.

The details you've just entered appear to move down a row and you get a pair of new boxes appear so that you can enter another link if you want to.

Click the "Close" button in the pop-up window

The pop-up will close.

Back on the main "Edit Profile" screen, click the "Save and View" button.

Scroll down to the bottom of your profile page and on the right hand side of the last section you should see the text you typed appears under "links:"

Click the text and it should take you to your twitter page... if you've done it right!

Job done

Big Grin
Transsexual working girl in Surrey
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
Follow @Trinity_Belle on Twitter
I think we might be at crossed purposes even though I really do appreciates the help... I want it so I can link my account to twitter... not put a link on AW. I mean as in when I post pics or video it will automatically update on Twitter... if that makes sense Sad
Ahhhhhh.... I see!

Well... there is just a tick box on the upload page... you just tick that!

I think you have to be signed into Twitter, though?
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
When ever I try I get this message Sad

Whoa there!
There is no request token for this page. That's the special key we need from applications asking to use your Twitter account. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake.
I even have facebook sorted now, with twitter and facebook both linking to each other, I just need to work out how to link to AW now Sad
So no one knows how to do this then Sad Sucks
Well, following your post I was doing some messing around and now mine is doing the same thing and I got the same error message... so I mailed AW...

Trinity-Belle Wrote:I was doing a bit of exploring and I found your help article about "You've saved my Twitter details, how do I clear them?". It says "Please visit this page" so I did... not because I wanted to do anything, but because I wanted to read about it. However, it seems that by clicking that link I have now broken the link between AW and twitter and even though i am signed in to twitter and on the "apps" tab in my twitter account settings, it still says that AW is authorised to post, if I try to use any of the page links on AW it asks me to sign in to twitter each time (even though i am already signed in) and if I try to use the tick box on the content upload pages to tweet my uploads, I get a new window pop up with an error message saying:

Twitter Wrote:Whoa there!
There is no request token for this page. That's the special key we need
from applications asking to use your Twitter account. Please go back to
the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was
probably just a mistake.

I've been searching around but I don't seem to be able to find any way of re-linking to Twitter?

And their reply:

AdultWork Wrote:Hello

Twitter are aware of this issue and are trying to resolve it. Does seem a bit strange - basically their interface is returning junk to us when we're talking to them behind the scenes.

Regards

The AdultWork.com Team
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
(10-12-2012, 12:28)Trinity-Belle Wrote: Well, following your post I was doing some messing around and now mine is doing the same thing and I got the same error message... so I mailed AW...

And their reply:

AdultWork Wrote:Hello

basically their interface is returning junk to us when we're talking to them behind the scenes.

Computers, mind of their own who would have them!

Sarah x x x
(10-12-2012, 15:40)wife4rent Wrote: Computers, mind of their own who would have them!

Indeed!

I have a friend who is a support technician and I am sure computers are genuinely afraid of him... no, seriously! When ever I have a problem he comes over to have a look at it and you can bet your bottom dollar that as long as he is here everything works just fine!

x
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172