Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Credits on Adultwork all spent
Exclamation 
Didnt know adultwork had a forum but here goes. I logged in a few days ago to find all my credits gone, this was a couple of weeks worth, nearly 400 credits

My history page says I spent them all on movies and private galls but I didnt. I was in complete shock and googled this, I found these forums and seen I had to contact adultwork.

I have done this but adultwork say i DID spend the credits without a doubt, that the account has only been accessed by my ip address and no others.

Im in disbelief, how is this possible? is someone stealing from me?

How can I get these credits back? I honestly didnt spend any credits at all and i currently live alone!

How can I call adultwork?
Isn't this the second time we've heard of this in the last few days?

Hannah... you need to reply to them (using the same method as you did in the first place) and be a bit insistent... polite, but insistent. It is possible to "spoof" IP addresses, but someone would need to find out what yours is first. Once they have that, they can mask their computer and pretend it is yours.

I can't think how they would do that... maybe via cam? They might be able to collect your address that way? Or by dropping some spyware on your PC - that would give them your IP and also log your keystokes which would give them your password? Run a virus/malware scan right away.

Do you know which profiles the credits were spent with? And do they look like genuine profiles?

Can you post any links?

Edit: I've just bumped the other thread.... http://adultworkforum.com/forum/thread-2659.html
Transsexual working girl in Surrey
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
Follow @Trinity_Belle on Twitter
Hi Trinity. Thanks for replying.

Im even more distraught this morning than yesterday, a few hours after posting this thread my profile was deleted. I have contacted adultwork to find out why. They said I have been sending unsolicited messages to members and they have received a number of complaints.

I DIDNOT send any messages to anyone, I told them this but they said my IP is the only one being used on the account.

I relay heavily on earnings from adultwork. I dont know what to do anymore.

I do MSN shows with clients, i hope none of them are as nasty to do this to me.

Admin can you help me please? How can I prove to adultwork that its not me logging in? I turned my laptop off after posting this thread and didnt turn it back on for a few hours, at which point my profile had vanished with no email from adultwork, I had to contact them about it.
cant edit last post, I read the other thread, ive never been in a group.
That's really terrible Hannah! I wish I had an answer...it sounds like it's person if someone has been sending emails from your account to get your profile deleted.

Sounds more like your account was hacked than the same IP being used...I'm not a techy though. Just have to keep emailing AW, they have been known to make mistakes. I don't know if you've thought of going to the police, harder though when you can't access your account.

I wish some common sense was used in these cases...why would you suddenly use up all your credits and so many of them in this way and then send emails that you would know what cause your account to be suspended?
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
Yikes!

You have two problems: the fact that someone else could log into your account, and the fact that they could use your IP address to do it from. Neither of these necessarily requires malware on your PC, but to achieve both sounds like malware to me. There are programs which allow a hacker to use your PC remotely without anything unusual being visible onscreen. If AW can tell you when this was happening, maybe you could remember if your PC was switched on at the time. If it was, you should definitely get it checked out.

Other possibilities: somebody who knows your email password could get your AW password via a "forgotten password" request (they could intercept and then delete the reminder email). AW could maybe tell you if there has been a password reminder sent out (though it might not be recent).

Do you use WiFi, and is your WiFi secure? A neighbour could use his own PC to hijack an unsecured WiFi connection, this would connect via your IP address (which belongs to your WiFi router, not your PC). Even if secured, the default passcode is often displayed on the router: someone who has been in your house before could have written it down. Do the lights on your router ever flicker with activity when you are not online?

Can anyone get into your house when you are out (and was this happening when you were out)? Who else has a door key? Even if you haven't given a key to anyone you don't trust, what about previous tenants/owners of the property? Have the locks been changed since you moved in?
Great post Simon . I never thought of all thos possibilties.

❤ ❤ ❤ http://www.adultwork.com/1839252 ❤ ❤ ❤

I am a lurker here, have been using adultwork for a few years now though.

Simons possibilities are plausible but the person doesnt even have to be in the same country as you to use your IP address.

IP Hijacking http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_hijacking has been around for years now, you can even clone a MAC address http://www.ehow.com/how_4805212_clone-mac-address.html

If Simons possibilities dont suit your situation then looking at the possibility that an outside source obtained your IP and cloned it is a possibility.

Nowdays simple programs like UltraSurf allows nearly anyone to clone an IP.

Steps to clone an IP:

1. Find your target (victim), email them and hope for an email back.
2. Open the email and click view headers to obtain their IP.
3. Download and install UltraSurf
4. Configure Ultrasurf to only use the IP proxy you give it, enter your targets IP.
5. Connect

And hey presto you are now surfing the net on someone elses IP!!

Ultrasurf has the ability to connect to someones router and use the internet as if it was them, their laptop doesnt even need to be turned on, only their router.

This can only be performed if they havent turned their router off, dynamic ip's will change it each time the router is reset so you will have to email them again for the new IP.

http://www.callingallgeeks.org/wp-conten...ttings.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IssJo9l2jHE/T6...asurf1.jpg

IP hijacking is quite popular in IRC channels for getting people into trouble and banned. Long gone are the days you can prove someone did something because of an IP address.

The only question now is, how did they get your password?

Scary, really fucking scary.

I thought I was paranoid before when I always used to transfer credits as soon as I went over 150, now I can see it is wise to do so.

I'm sorry Hannah I can't add to what these guys have already suggested; what I do hope though is that Adultwork see sense.

What kind of annoys me is that we are essentially relying on them for employment, and if we had a regular working account, having never spent credits, why would we suddenly do that? It makes no sense.

I really hope you get it sorted and get your profile and money back Sad
Just read this and to me it looks like your profile (and maybe others things too) have been hacked in to.

This happened to me a few years ago but I noticed in a very short space of time and changed passwords immediately.

I caught out the person because a friend was talking to 'someone' who she thought was me (on MSN so I knew this had been hacked too) and thought it was an out of the ordinary convo and then when the other person asked 'are you feeling horny today' she realised it most definitely wasnt me and called me immediately.

I immediately went on to my AW account and a few pounds had been spent on galleries but nothing more. I will add that AW were not prepared to reimburse me with these credits (and never have) so I wouldnt go holding my breath if you think you may get them back.

I have never kept many credits in my account and like someone else says further up, as soon as it reaches the £150 level I apply for them, for by the time they get round to sorting things out I will have more to work with. The maximum credits to have in your account does not need to be more than 25, why would you want to keep more. Its not as if they dont take the 30% off when you apply for them if you apply for more.

It looks like you have come a cropper in this instance. Make sure all your passwords are changed just in case they try again and dont make them anything like they were before.

The person who may have hacked your account could be someone at the other side of the world. It doesnt need to be someone close or even anyone who knows you sadly.
Contact me on 07591889797 for any details of services.