Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
webcam booking cancelled but credits still in escrow?
Hello! Sorry if this has already been covered... I had someone book me for a session on skype yesterday. I accepted the booking and they confirmed. I waited around on skype for a new contact to appear, then a few minutes later the booking was cancelled.

I checked my credits in escrow page today, and apparently I will still be receiving credits for the show this evening. I have no way of contacting the client as he didn't send me any emails prior to making the booking, so I can't email him back.

Any thoughts on what I should do? I do like taking skype bookings, and I've found that it really boosts my income, and I have felt concerned about this kind of thing happening.

Heidi xx
[Image: 7997.jpg]
In the webcam bookings page you just click on the name of the person who sent you the booking and it opens up a message window.

Because for what ever reason he cancelled and you didn't do the work I'd just send him a message saying you don't know why he didn't show, maybe another time, and refund the credits. Bit of a pain when you're waiting for someone but better to do a refund and keep them on side than keep the credits and have them feel robbed (because they can be quite precious like that) and want to leave a neg saying so x
Well if he cancelled it's for him to request the money back. You can email him though from clicking on his name on the bookings page.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
I was going to fill out the refund form, but thought I'd email him first in case he wants to reschedule. If I don't hear back, not sure if I should refund him anyway, as don't want there to be any issues, even though I don't personally feel I've done anything wrong. Thanks for your help, ladies x
When it comes to question of a refund, you can consider how long the booking was for and how far into it he cancelled it.

I find they usually wait for me to add them as a contact...one guy gave me a skype name that skype didn't recognise, so I emailed him and told him that, and also asked him to add me. He emailed me back and said it was strange his name wasn't recognised but he didn't add me or ask for a refund. I noticed after accepting the booking that he had only offered me 10 credits for the 10 minutes instead of 20! I'd missed that but maybe it was an example of instant karma for him trying to underpay me!
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
It was a 10 minute booking and he very kindly gave me a tip, so I don't want to rip him off. I just wished he'd emailed me explaining why he'd cancelled. I'm not sure how long into the booking I waited, but I did switch my directcam off for a few minutes before he cancelled. It didn't affect me too badly, but still, If I'd left my directcam on I might have got a directcam client in that time.

I don't mind refunding him, but I will wait to see if he has anything to say first.
I've had it happen to me a few times with phone chat bookings and webcam bookings. With varying results.

I've had it LOADS of times that guys either don't phone me (and have confirmed etc) and where they stay on the phone for 1 minute, then disappear - it's usually because someone (wifey perhaps) has come home or the kids have. I always e-mail asking them if they want a refund or a reschedule (which I'm happy to do) but a lot of the time they don't get back in touch for some reason?

One time though I had a guy book me on webcam for 10 mins, he went after 6/7 mins then he e-mailed me a week later asking if we could continue the booking, bit of a joke really.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Credits debited "manual escrow" 1ndyg1rl 11 22,222 06-12-2015, 23:05
Last Post: 1ndyg1rl
  Pre-booked webcam credits? MissHoneyBaby 2 6,294 18-07-2015, 11:30
Last Post: MissHoneyBaby
  Escrow credits still not transferred 24hrs after webcam booking Blue-Velvet 19 34,019 02-12-2014, 16:53
Last Post: 1hornylass