Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Directcam settings question
Hi

I'm just wondering what cam size everyone broadcasts in via JCI, at the moment mines the smallest size (320x240) and was wondering whether now I've got a better connection would it be worth sending a larger image?
I've always broadcast the largest size. Not really sure if there is a difference :/ never had complaints though and my connection isn't great
I followed the settings in the help manual and haven't played with the size settings so mine is on the same...I might have a look at it today though.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
The higher the number the clearer the image. Set it as high as possible to give the client the best picture feed.

When they full screen the window on their side its noticeable who has the lowest setting.

No point having a good webcam if you tell it to output the same quality as a mobile phone Smile
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
God I wish I knew that sooner! Cheers girls!
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

I just noticed there are 2 image size settings. That will make it much easier to see them now too...I guess that's a good thing really!
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

Jeez, I had always had mine on the lowest. Another thing I hadn't even considered; will have a play with it right away x
[Image: 7997.jpg]
Hi sorry to bring up my old thread but I just got a new HD webcam as a Christmas present from much loved client Big Grin

Now I'm torn for what settings to have? The maximum image size I can set my cam to is 1024 x 576, but the largest output setting is 852 x 480 widescreen which just looks weird.

So I'm wondering what sizes would be best?

If i set my image size to max, what happens if i pick a smaller window size for them to see? Any suggestions? And how will this affect frame rates?

So confused!
Edit.. sorry I've goofed up along the line somewhere.. tried to delete this but (to save duplication as post appeared twice) have Edited instead! Blush
(05-12-2012, 02:45)poshie Wrote: I've got mine set at 320 x 240 and after I'd been camming a while I noticed the larger formats! Played around with all of them (making larger) and then decided as I've never had one complaint to just put it back to 320 x 240! And I've still not had anyone grumble! As I did some 'end user feedback' for a while and everyone said they were happy with the output.. so I figured if it ain't broke, don't fix it......

Also as this is about JustCamIt... can someone explain (in simple terms pls! Tongue) what the difference is between the Online version & the Downloadable? Huh As I didn't realize the online one existed until recently.......... just curious.

Just when you think you've got to grips with things/the system, another little golden nugget comes along to..... stimulate (test) the grey matter! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i now have fibre optic what settings can i use for directcam? country-gal 1 5,459 24-07-2014, 00:16
Last Post: Diva Gina