Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK BACS/Bank Payment Transfers? For credits?
Big Grin 
Hello,

I'm just wondering - up until very recently, when transferring credits there was an option showing that UK Bank Transfers (BAC payments) would be arriving on Adult Work in June 2012!

It's now disappeared... Sad

Are Adult Work still going to go through with this? So much better than having to cash cheques every week! (Although, I have to say I am impressed by the reliability of receiving my cheques in the post - always on a Friday, every week, like clockwork.)

Thanks.

Curly
xxxx
According to their Twitter they have pulled the plans for UK transfers & aren't planning to try again, any time soon Sad

Was seriously annoyed that they haven't been clear about this & I only managed to find out by accident (I'm rarely on Twitter)

I'm very disappointed in their communication with us in the UK.

I was saving up my credits for the UK transfer...trying out the Euro bank transfer instead. What a waste of time waiting Sad

I have to say Nicki, I completely agree with you. I was really looking forward to this - the least they could have done was put a polite tab up saying it was being binned, as it were. Oh well... I guess, the silver lining being - still the best Adult Work site there is! x
The euro transfer isn't too bad. Most main UK bank accounts do have the BIC and IBAN codes, if they're not on your account statement then the bank can give you them. I withdraw to my Halifax account and the money is always in on the same day as processing (Tuesday) so its really quick. The only downside is Halifax do take a small fee for converting euros to pounds.
Barclays charge me £6 a time for receiving dollars, I don't know if it's less for Euros but I use Payoneer as cheaper than that. I was looking forward to the UK transfer too...
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
RBS charged me £7 the few times I got international bank transfer. Don't think it's too bad, really. Some foreign sites charge you do much just to pay you, unless it's a cheque. X
Girls, I currently receive cheques - which is in GBP (upside), downside, a few times they've been late and when it's the bank holidays I can't cash them etc.

So with regards the Euro BACs thing - for e.g. per 100 euros how much do you receive in pounds?

I want to work out if it's worth me swapping over.

Thanks darlings!

xx
(05-06-2012, 19:35)curlytots Wrote: So with regards the Euro BACs thing - for e.g. per 100 euros how much do you receive in pounds?

The problem with the above question is that it is relient on currency exchange rates, you need to check with your bank what rate of exchange they would give you and how much, if anything, they would charge to accept the foreign currency transaction

I would suggest that all girls should look at http://www.currencyfair.com

Today you would get £78.02 for €100 - This would then be transferred to your own account.

The above solution may give you a much better rate of exchange but it may be slightly slower. probably 2-3 days max.

Sarah x x x
I use Payoneer, which I believe is the cheapest option and no risk of the cheque being lost in the post.

Each bank applies different charges and exchange rates so you'd need to know how much your bank charges to make that decision. I think one bank charges at much as £12 a time for the transfer, they all vary.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
To be honest, the cheques are reliable.

*Touch wood* never had one not arrive. It's just sometimes there may be a few days delayed or it's just the fact I have to get up off my arse and go down to the bank. Which, when it's pishing it down like it is now - not the best prospect...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation ** DAILY PAY ADMIN - AW CREDITS TRANSFERRED BUT NOTHING IN BANK! ** Mistress_Silk 1 1,675 17-04-2022, 09:09
Last Post: admin
  Bank Transfers - Third Party Payments admin 11 17,040 10-08-2020, 20:34
Last Post: DominiKa
  transfer of credits to bank account L2018 6 9,927 12-12-2019, 13:19
Last Post: admin
  One of payment to separate bank account Jessica121 0 2,868 02-05-2018, 12:57
Last Post: Jessica121
  Payment after credits taken. Kitty_sinn 2 4,575 16-09-2017, 17:58
Last Post: Kitty_sinn