Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Acrylic nails... Love em' or loathe em'!?
I had acrylics for years... Thinking about getting them done again as I find maintenance is easier... My natural nails are quite horrid and I am forever painting them... Have even turned down bookings because I couldn't be bothered doing them!

Ummmm... Did someone say perfectionist?

Just wondering what your opinion of them is...

Tacky and cheap?

Finished and well groomed?

xx
I use to have acrylic for about 10 years now have had the gel version that are kinder to your nails for the last 5 years I LOVE THEM.

Use to bite my nails so best thing as if you try to bite these break your teeth!!.

Easy maintence too never need to polish just visit nail tech once every 3 weeks.

So popular nowdays too even young teenagers are having them.
(25-10-2011, 17:16)fetishbootslut Wrote: I use to have acrylic for about 10 years now have had the gel version that are kinder to your nails for the last 5 years I LOVE THEM.

Use to bite my nails so best thing as if you try to bite these break your teeth!!.

Easy maintence too never need to polish just visit nail tech once every 3 weeks.

So popular nowdays too even young teenagers are having them.

Yep... This is what I am thinking... My nails are so thin and brittle that I can't ever grow them... They flake off or break before I even have a chance!

Men? Opinions? Sexy, tacky, or don't even notice?
A perfectly manicured set of nails immaculately painted can look soooo sexy on a lady - but dont forget to dress the rest of the body. The same nails dont have quite the effect if you are dressed in trackie bottoms and have a hoody on Confused

They also can be nice when run down the back, as long as you dont plough a furrow at the same time! Big Grin
I had mine done for the first time a year a go next month. I couldn't be without them now. I did wonder what the difference was between the acrylic and the gel, so thanks for that.

My nails are like yours and try as I might to grow them, they will never amount to much, as they break off, peel, flake, anything other than get firm and attractive. Now I have infills put straight onto my natural nail, which makes them a little thinner and easier to work with. I can do so much more with my nails now they are more robust, apart from take the coin out of the trolly when I have finished my shopping. I had to ask someone to take the pound out for me yesterday lol, very embarrasing.

You don't have to have them tacky looking. If you want low key and elegant go for a french manicure look, or if you are mad on red like me, get them painted red Smile
Have had them done a few times but not really practical for me

My own nails srent to bad during the summer they grow quite well but tend to be more brittle in the winter
(25-10-2011, 18:05)Emily of Halifax Wrote: Have had them done a few times but not really practical for me

My own nails srent to bad during the summer they grow quite well but tend to be more brittle in the winter

I do have mine quite short. I can't type otherwise and that would be awful!!! I know when it's time to get them done, when I start making more mistakes typing.
I've had them in the past, but they were the gel ones, and I've had nail issues where they got caught and almost ripped my actual nail off my fingers. The pain was absolutely horrific.

I generally don't bother painting my nails now, handling dogs means I break my nails a lot. If I were still seeing dom BDSM clients in person, I'd probably use those temporary stick on ones, that you can paint and remove yourself. I used to be able to get them looking very realistic.
(25-10-2011, 17:24)DivineMissG Wrote: Men? Opinions? Sexy, tacky, or don't even notice?

Yes, love to see a woman with nice nails - anything from a neat French manicure to the full-length miniature masterpieces. I realise it must be PITA at times though; I had to do the extract-pound-coin-from-trolley thing for someone once. Also find bitten short or dirty nails a turn-off.
I hadn't thought about this before, but I have just realised that when viewing a girls gallery I do take note of nails if they are showing. Undoubtedly the most sexy are bright red nails and bright red lipstick, yummy! I don't like exceptionally long nails.

Apart from anything else, as Kate says they interfere with typing. There is one girl I have seen quite a bit, who says she says that while she loves reading my long and rambling emails, she can't reply because her nails are too long, and would much rather I rang for a chat!
I just want to have fun Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  long nails abcdef 5 11,868 30-04-2011, 21:47
Last Post: Tom30