Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Internet connection = Quality
I have to admit when I got my new laptop I thought that it was not as good as my old one as the resolution of pictures didn't look so good when I used the internet at home, as with my other laptop. However, by checking out lolo's new banner I noticed it was quite grainy the first time I saw it, which I told her and wondered if she could improve the resolution on it. However, now I have noticed that the same laptop used at my apartment and the resolution is great and I can see all the details clearly.

Does that mean that the clarity of picture is also governed by the internet connection provided? I thought that was just to do with speed?

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Does it make sense? Can you make sense of it for me?
One word nope but you know I am not very techy
Well Kate I am not the greatest techy either but I am sure that internet speed has a lot to do with all sorts of settings - so why not resolution. Also, wireless can be more susceptible to drops in quality over cable when surfing the internet; at home I am on cable, the other PCs are wireless and slower.
I understand the speed thing, I just hadn't realised it had anything to do with quality of picture as well. I thought that was to do with your graphics card? Least that is something I have spent a lot of money on in the past when my son has talked about resolution for games he plays.

Now I'm not sure I can trust the work I do on my laptop, as I can not be sure I am seeing the true picture.
The connection would only affect how quickly hi res images are drawn. The resolution does depend on your screen ultimately and if your graphics card is set to the maximum your laptop screen can produce.
(20-10-2011, 13:02)davidseven Wrote: The connection would only affect how quickly hi res images are drawn. The resolution does depend on your screen ultimately and if your graphics card is set to the maximum your laptop screen can produce.

So why is lolo's new banner grainy on this laptop at home and clear when at the apartment? Mind you, my son has told me several times that we are getting a rubbish reading with talk talk, so maybe it will be better when we get Orange, as they promise to provide a minimum of 13.5mb.
Ok, Eres the brains!!!

1st of all, Do u ave Cleaning scans for laptop? Sryware etc...
I have 7 of them lol, AVG/Speed up my PC Etc..

Cable is best for Speed! Or two homehubs!

Check that your fan is clean from dust as your lappy overheats and goooooo soooooo slowwwwww and turns off!

But I think yr lappy/pc needs cleanin every page u open on the net it picks up junk files, and bugs Wink
CHECK OUT MY AW PROFILE:

http://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=503569

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @AW_Edwards

xXx H xXx

(20-10-2011, 13:39)CurvaceousKate Wrote: So why is lolo's new banner grainy on this laptop at home and clear when at the apartment? Mind you, my son has told me several times that we are getting a rubbish reading with talk talk, so maybe it will be better when we get Orange, as they promise to provide a minimum of 13.5mb.
It may be that if the connection is slow its trying to conserve bandwidth by dropping frames or resolution, although lolo's banner was behaving oddly yesterday and had a horizontal scroll bar, as the content was too long for the window at one time.
Pictures will take longer to load if the connection is slow, but when they're fully loaded, the appearance is down to the graphics card in your laptop. Unless your laptop was made for better graphics, chances are the card will be fairly basic.

Also, I would NOT recommend switching to Orange. We have been with them for almost a year and their service is absolutely appalling. They don't get anywhere near their promised minimum speeds.
Kate if its a new laptop, your best start point I would say is to download and install an update for the graphics driver on your machine.

It could be a badly installed or setup graphics card. Even a basic graphics card will show that banner clearly.

If the driver is up to date, perhaps re-installing it will fix the problem.

The banner you speak of is perfectly clear on mine.