Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Changing email addresses on AW
Has anyone had the need or tried to change your email address on AW?

A couple of weeks ago I had a bit of a panic and changed my email to an address I don't have access to, so I couldn't verify it.

I then came across a tool that is supposed to change your email from the unverified one to a new which should in turn then be verified.

However despite numerous attempts to change it, it doesn't work. I've tried to email support, but there is some automated system which searches the text, and suggests that I use the tool which doesn't work, blocking me from sending my email to a real support person. Admin on here told me to post a thread, or ask for help on the AW site, as I have already done.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Nick
I just want to have fun Tongue
i changed it yonks ago but cant remember sorry
I changed mine from Yahoo to Gmail when AW were having security issues with the former a few years back.
As far as I remember it was straightforward. What's the waiting time for verification before it negates the request?
When you try to email support, you are right it does automatically search relevant text and suggest probable answers. However, if you read that carefully, it should say something along the lines of ....... Did that answer your question? If you say No, it should give you the option to send your email anyway. I think it double checks again and asks do you still want to send an email.
(11-10-2011, 02:28)davidseven Wrote: I changed mine from Yahoo to Gmail when adultwork were having security issues with the former a few years back.
As far as I remember it was straightforward. What's the waiting time for verification before it negates the request?

It takes seconds no more than a minute, i changed mine a few weeks ago when i was worried about some idiot hacking my accounts.

I used to be snow white but drifted...

I can concur. I set up a new email account for AW and it took about 15 minutes to do - would have been quicker but my connection is so rubbish...............................!
ive changed mine but it was a picece of cake to be fair,.....
http://www.adultwork.com/1015568

BORN TO LOSE, LIVE TO WIN, TOO FAST TO LIVE, TOO YOUNG TO DIE

(11-10-2011, 08:34)curvy crumpet Wrote:
(11-10-2011, 02:28)davidseven Wrote: I changed mine from Yahoo to Gmail when adultwork were having security issues with the former a few years back.

It takes seconds no more than a minute, i changed mine a few weeks ago when i was worried about some idiot hacking my accounts.

Well I had this theory that if the email wasn't verified within a certain period then it might revert back to the original email - but it looks like I may be wrong. On the other hand I noticed that whereas all my feedback and field reports seemed to disappear from the record of the girls they related to they have now reappeared.

I think my problem may be something to do with changing to an email address which can't exist xxx@gmail.com. I keep being told that that is not the email associated with my account -but if I try the old correct one, it doesn't like that one either!

I think the problem is with computers, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't...

I lost an account on adultwork and then it re appeared out of the blue, lost all my credits etc, no profile just got an email one day saying the account was activated, most strange....

Some people think it is the people that are a problem, but I understand people, I do not understand computers...

"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone." - Bjarne Stroustrup

I do not have that problem, I have a £10 Nokia - It works !!!!

Sarah
My chief concern was that I didn't realise how to get the Admin on the site to know about my predicament. Thankfully it is all now resolved, as I finally managed to get a message through to the support team and they have fixed it for me, so PoshPrat is ready to ride again - oh yes!! Thanks for all the advice guys!