Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yet another cam issue
Over the past few days I keep getting logged out with the extremely vague error message "problem with cam - needs to reset". I have contacted AW and been given the only advice they ever seem to give lately of "clear your browser cache and cookies". Done that, didn't work. Someone programmed that error message so surely they should know what triggers it. Is it my end, their end, hardware, software? Nobody is telling me anything. 

The site is rapidly becoming unusable. Clients are constantly complaining and nothing is being done to fix any of the issues. I've been on AW for 8 years now and I feel like it's on it's last legs. It is currently my only source of income and after 8 years of self employment in this industry, it's not as easy to find a job as I had hoped. Some days I feel like I'm on the verge of having a breakdown. How has the site been allowed to become so bad? Surely the owners don't want it to fail. They need to spend less time adding pointless features and tinkering with things and instead work on making the broadcaster usable and stable.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to hestiakane for this post:
  • country-gal1984, KTC
(04-12-2022, 11:49)hestiakane Wrote: Over the past few days I keep getting logged out with the extremely vague error message "problem with cam - needs to reset". I have contacted AW and been given the only advice they ever seem to give lately of "clear your browser cache and cookies". Done that, didn't work. Someone programmed that error message so surely they should know what triggers it. Is it my end, their end, hardware, software? Nobody is telling me anything. 

The site is rapidly becoming unusable. Clients are constantly complaining and nothing is being done to fix any of the issues. I've been on AW for 8 years now and I feel like it's on it's last legs. It is currently my only source of income and after 8 years of self employment in this industry, it's not as easy to find a job as I had hoped. Some days I feel like I'm on the verge of having a breakdown. How has the site been allowed to become so bad? Surely the owners don't want it to fail. They need to spend less time adding pointless features and tinkering with things and instead work on making the broadcaster usable and stable.
Hello Darling, I have been on AW since 2006 and I feel genuinely for you as it's your main source of income. I also feel that AW is on its last legs , since they introduced the new broadcaster platform which is still in Beta mode over justcamit things have definitely declined, sites like OnlyFans seems to be the site in which a Lot of the top-earning/popular gals have moved on too, I know its sometimes good to have a few eggs in different baskets, but I myself don't wish to work on other sites but its coming to the point where I may have too. There have been issues with movies/private galleries, direct cam specials not working, I could go on, plus with the current energy crisis, people are saving their money. But I think the owners of AW need to listen to us performers and the clients also, as there has been a massive increase in new gals joining but there seem to be fewer men using the site and with wonder ....AW please listen to the issues us providers are having and the service users. I totally agree with you darling and know how blooming frustrating and worrying it is ....time will tell if AW survives ....serious improvements and more help is needed, xxxxx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to country-gal1984 for this post:
  • hestiakane
The Marketplace is also going to be closed down come February 23, what on earth is going on with AW.....Got an email which most of you will know about this anyway x
I'm having that issue today. I've told them that their constant tech issues are making the site unusable and they will be lucky to survive the New Year at this rate. I don't know what the new owners are playing at, but they have no idea how to run this site.
They've come back to me and said they're passing it to the technical team and will be in due course - that'll be sometime next century then...
(09-12-2022, 16:20)Miss Deviant Wrote: I'm having that issue today. I've told them that their constant tech issues are making the site unusable and they will be lucky to survive the New Year at this rate. I don't know what the new owners are playing at, but they have no idea how to run this site.

I had a very odd experience with customer service yesterday, they said my web link didn't work didn't correct to a page containing their logo. They included the link in their email, the link was a mistyped version of the actual link, of course it didn't work.

They'd completely hashed it.

This was after I'd queried a warning, asked for clarification so I could understand to make sure I didn't make any future mistakes.

Athletic, elegant, lingerie, kink and fetish indulger. Webcam, Chat, outcall focused to homes or hotels in the Barrow-in-furness, South Lakes area and beyond

(09-12-2022, 16:40)Strawberryblonde Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 16:20)Miss Deviant Wrote: I'm having that issue today. I've told them that their constant tech issues are making the site unusable and they will be lucky to survive the New Year at this rate. I don't know what the new owners are playing at, but they have no idea how to run this site.

I had a very odd experience with customer service yesterday, they said my web link didn't work didn't correct to a page containing their logo. They included the link in their email, the link was a mistyped version of the actual link, of course it didn't work.

They'd completely hashed it.

This was after I'd queried a warning, asked for clarification so I could understand to make sure I didn't make any future mistakes.

Utterly useless!
I think I've managed to fix it. It's definitely a Chrome issue. You need to update Chrome and then log in to Direct Cam. That should fix the problem. Why AW couldn't figure that out is beyond me.
Now we are facing the January Lull and the cost of living crisis .....I have been lucky and had no issues on cam recently ...I think it's just random if you get an issue or not, the new broadcaster is still in Beta mode, but I could be wrong. I've noticed that recently the direct chat line has been very crackly, like a static interference, and it's not my phone signal as all other calls work ...here's to hoping AW survives this ...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to country-gal1984 for this post:
  • admin