Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Directcam freezing
Anyone else had a problem where your cam freezes. It keeps happening and then I have to close directcam and if I open it again the camera is a black screen so I close it again and reopen and then it will work.

No idea what I can do to stop it happening
It has been like that for me for some time, someone tries to type a message and everything freezes, it is annoying when in group/private as custom is lost. Have tried three different computers, one a brand new one, and bought an ethernet cable to see if that improved matters, but hasn't. I think it is the justcamit software. Needs upgrading. One day hopefully Adultwork will realise this and do something about it.
My profile: MatureSally38K
Thanks for replying. What webcam do you use? Ill uodate the drivers and see if it helps
It is a couple of years since I purchased my latest webcam, and it just says on the box 'stream webcam'. It wasn't a very expensive webcam, but not the cheapest. I bought it from Argos if I remember, but they don't do it anymore. It always worked okay with Skype, when we could do Skype. Before that I have had well known, like Logitech, and have had problems with them on and off. Sorry can't help you more, but when it comes to webcams, etc, I don't have any knowledge of what is good and what isn't. Might be time for me to buy a new one, but don't want to waste my money if it is JCI. Just hope that whatever it is, it gets sorted eventually.
My profile: MatureSally38K
Sad 
(02-01-2020, 19:33)Anythinggoes_ Wrote: Anyone else had a problem where your cam freezes. It keeps happening and then I have to close directcam and if I open it again the camera is a black screen so I close it again and reopen and then it will work.

No idea what I can do to stop it happening
Hello,
Even it happens sometimes with me also and i am frustrated with this
Is this all from performers point of view?

For updating drivers I personally use "Driver Booster" but just be sure you know what you are up to and save all work before hand as it updates alot of things. You can of course tell it to update webcam only etc
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
Yeah. I mean if I go cam2cam the punter doesn't freeze. I assume its directcam mainly as I have to restart it twice to stop the black screen on first startup after freezing. Maybe I should reinstall iy and see if that helps