Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Hoax Caller
I have  recently been receiving curious messages from a deranged female leaving messages on my mobile 'phone,asking that I call a STD clinic in East Cheshire, even though I live nowhere near to East Cheshire.  This is even more unusual as I have never seen anyone from East Cheshire and my latest quarterly blood tests, done privately, show all clear. Can I make everyone aware of this if you have received one of these bogus calls and not to call any clinic as instructed?  Our NHS services are stretched enough without having anxious people calling them up for no reason. This is a classic example of a malicious individual who not only hoaxes individuals but also hoaxes NHS clinics - who could do without such persons wasting their time. If you receive one of these calls, delete it as I did..... 
Does it give you the number to call? Have you googled it to make sure it is the correct number for the clinic (via NHS website)?
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to KTC for this post:
  • admin, Jeansman
(30-08-2019, 21:08)KTC Wrote: Does it give you the number to call?  Have you googled it to make sure it is the correct number for the clinic (via NHS website)?
Thank-you,KTC,but the number never comes up  on my phone and it is always a message that is left,allegedly from this clinic.  Given this is a mobile I use for AW only,I suspect it is some knuckle-dragger from AW just making mischief,  as I live nowhere near to this clinic. Given the pressures the NHS are under,  I find it in very poor taste that someone would actually take the time and make  the effort to do this. Still,life goes on.
x
Deleted message
(30-08-2019, 19:24)Jeansman Wrote: I have  recently been receiving curious messages from a deranged female leaving messages on my mobile 'phone,asking that I call a STD clinic in East Cheshire, even though I live nowhere near to East Cheshire.  This is even more unusual as I have never seen anyone from East Cheshire and my latest quarterly blood tests, done privately, show all clear. Can I make everyone aware of this if you have received one of these bogus calls and not to call any clinic as instructed?  Our NHS services are stretched enough without having anxious people calling them up for no reason. This is a classic example of a malicious individual who not only hoaxes individuals but also hoaxes NHS clinics - who could do without such persons wasting their time. If you receive one of these calls, delete it as I did..... 
Thanks Jeansman for making us aware of this type of thing