Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Direct Chat Calls Failing Yet Again
Dear all,

I had an email from a member last night, asking if they could call me by Direct Chat to which I replied yes. They didn't call, so out of curiosity, I had my friend call my direct chat number. Even though my profile is correct and showing as online and available, she was given the message "sorry the service provider is not currently offering this service". I presuming this is why I have been so quiet on the phone all weekend, which is unusual.

I called the Direct Chat number myself just now from a private mobile and got the same message. And I had the same problem on Friday, but an A/W member messaged me to let me know. Since I joined A/W this seems to happen frequently. I'm only aware that there is a problem when my attention has been brought to it by a member.

The only way around this problem is to call the number myself to check if it's working, but not only will this cost me money, according to adult work you are only allowed to report a problem if a client cannot get through, so I can't even report the number as not working if I call it myself to find out. Considering that I am paying to feature my Direct Chat services this is becoming very annoying indeed. I'm wondering how many times since I have joined A/W that I have paid to feature my Direct Chat, yet Direct Chat has been unavailable without my knowledge and I have just presumed that it's a quiet night. Has anyone had the same problem?

Anna
x
Thanks for making us aware of this Anna,
Yes - I've had clients say this to me before but I thought they were just having me on and changed their minds about calling me..
I usually do cam and direct chat but I rarely get any phone calls - maybe 1 every 2 weeks if I'm lucky - this could be the reason why..?
Next time I'll check my phone by calling it myself and report it..
You may just have opened a can of worms...
It's really bad, especially when you pay to feature and camming or IM are not an option for us that particular day
x x x
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Madame X for this post:
  • PrinnyAW, xAnnax
Long running problem (many many years), this is one of AWs last main issues on site. They have managed to fix the rest, the volume of emails we receive due to tech errors on AW has nearly all but ceased, excluding this particular problem and a very small portion of people not being able to verify their mobile numbers.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to admin for this post:
  • Madame X, PrinnyAW, xAnnax
50% or more of my calls never get through to me. Since 2011 when i very first started it's always been the same. AW say there is no issue.
(12-09-2018, 03:52)UKMiss Wrote: 50% or more of my calls never get through to me. Since 2011 when i very first started it's always been the same. AW say there is no issue.

Just to give you all an update, I reported the failed calls to A/W and this was the reply; "Callers will be advised that you are not available if you do not answer your phone within 30 seconds". - This doesn't make any sense because I log into the system and sit there and wait and wait and wait and my phone doesn't even ring in the first place so that I have the option to answer the call within 30 seconds!.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to xAnnax for this post:
  • admin
Great reply from AW.....?! Answer your phone that doesn't ring??!
Will report it next week too when I have my voice back if my normal phone can't get through to my work one..
x x x
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Madame X for this post:
  • xAnnax
(12-09-2018, 06:37)MsSexTherapist Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 03:52)UKMiss Wrote: 50% or more of my calls never get through to me. Since 2011 when i very first started it's always been the same. AW say there is no issue.

Just to give you all an update, I reported the failed calls to A/W and this was the reply; "Callers will be advised that you are not available if you do not answer your phone within 30 seconds". - This doesn't make any sense because I log into the system and sit there and wait and wait and wait and my phone doesn't even ring in the first place so that I have the option to answer the call within 30 seconds!.

Do these calls that don't actually ring, the "unanswered calls" show on your direct chat error log?
I've had problems with Direct Chat too, wish they would put some effort into upgrading it.
(12-09-2018, 11:15)Gizzi Wrote:

Do these calls that don't actually ring, the "unanswered calls" show on your direct chat error log?
I've had problems with Direct Chat too, wish they would put some effort into upgrading it.
Hi, I didn't even know a chat error log existed! I had a look at it and I was able to check out the failed calls with emails from my member that couldn't get through, but the failed calls aren't showing on the chat log. What I did see though, was a large amount of calls made by the same client listed as "answered" but not "accepted" by me.

These calls were 0 seconds long and made while I was already on the phone chatting to another client. He called again and again and made about 10 failed calls during the time I was speaking. Whilst we are on a call, do we have to manually change our availability to unavailable? Or should the system do that automatically? I'm just wondering if I'm being penalised for not answering those calls, but when you are already speaking to someone, it's impossible to answer the same phone to someone else and take multiples calls on the same line at the same time.

x
(12-09-2018, 19:32)MsSexTherapist Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 11:15)Gizzi Wrote:

Hi, I didn't even know a chat error log existed! I had a look at it and I was able to check out the failed calls with emails from my member that couldn't get through, but the failed calls aren't showing on the chat log. What I did see though, was a large amount of calls made by the same client listed as "answered" but not "accepted" by me.

These calls were 0 seconds long and made while I was already on the phone chatting to another client. He called again and again and made about 10 failed calls during the time I was speaking. Whilst we are on a call, do we have to manually change our availability to unavailable? Or should the system do that automatically? I'm just wondering if I'm being penalised for not answering those calls, but when you are already speaking to someone, it's impossible to answer the same phone to someone else and take multiples calls on the same line at the same time.

x

Hi,

On the DirectChat history page you have 2 tabs, the chat log and the error log. The error log gives various reasons for the call not being accepted/answered. If you don't answer within the 30 sec time frame it will say "You did not answer" etc. The caller will be told you're not available.
If you were on a call or chose to reject the call it will say "The system received a busy tone" etc. The caller will be told you're busy/on a call.
If your error log doesn't give you the "system busy" error for the calls made when you were on already on a call it is because your voicemail is picking up the calls and therefore it's not an error on the AW system. You will need to disable your voicemail if you want to callers to know you are on a call.

If people are making calls but they are not showing on the call error log then they aren't even getting through to your DirectChat number....this could be a problem with AW or with your phone.

I had a problem with calls not coming through to my phone, I ended up getting a new phone and the problem has stopped, so I guess it was a problem with my handset. I still use the same sim. Weird.

When you complain to AW do you fill out the DirectChat troubleshooting form? They seem to respond more willingly when it is done via that and not the standard help form.

Hope all that is of some help to you.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Verity for this post:
  • xAnnax
woah I never knew this was a thing. I also thought I rarely get calls. checked my log and loadssssssss of 0 sec calls :/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems With Direct Chat Again xAnnax 0 5,405 13-03-2018, 21:46
Last Post: xAnnax
  Direct chat Teen_elly 6 9,914 16-07-2017, 03:36
Last Post: Mistress_Silk
  Direct Chat issues MissSophieGreen 4 8,390 03-05-2016, 17:37
Last Post: Tara25
  direct chat ladyjosephine 12 18,431 28-06-2014, 15:51
Last Post: Sexxy-Claudia
  Direct Chat Lerler 9 15,895 27-11-2012, 20:14
Last Post: xKatieBabyx